“Love the location, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nonnah's and Sea Salt
Ranked #3 of 20 Dessert in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family owned and operated since 1996.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Love the location, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had been recommended by a few people to try out Nonnah's for dessert and coffee, so my husband and I did for our anniversary. The service was great, and the cafe was cute. It reminded me of a boutique non-chain version of The Cheesecake Factory. (and I say that as a compliment!) But the cake I got (it was a chocolate and oreo cake) was just average. My husband's cheesecake was much better. The slices were HUGE! But for the price and the buzz on this place, I expected more. We glanced at the menu for the future and it looked appealing, but probably only for a girl's day. It wasn't really my husband's type of place. :)

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
St. Petersburg, FL
“ok service, cake was disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had a much better experience at the old location across the street. I had high expectations since my previous visit was so great. The service was just ok, but the food was very disappointing. They ran out of ice cream, so some of the desserts were no longer an option. This was quite frustrating, as they specialize in desserts. The chocolate cake was incredibly dry...again disappointed. We will not be returning.

Visited June 2014
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“great cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

After a late night my friends and I decided to stop here. While it was near closing the service was very hospitable with our late arrival and we were seated immediately. The desert and coffee was wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Overpriced and course dense cakes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stopped in for dessert to go and chose the lemon cake and the chocolate raspberry. We were shocked when the counter person rang them up at more than $18.00.
When we ate them an hour later in our room at the Inn at USC, we found them to be too dense with a course texture. The flavors were not good, tasty like fake lemon and cheap chocolate. We were surprised by the price and food, because this is a dessert restaurant and it seemed decently busy.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Erich W
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent cake menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This place has a lot of different cakes and dessert, we only went here for dessert, since they do it very well.

The waiter was very kind and helpful, it was almost had to choose between all the cakes.

One piece for cake could easily be enough for two, if you wanna have the same one.

I like this place very much, wanna go here again for cake.

• Visited April 2014