“Good food but BAD service”
Review of Delhi Palace

Delhi Palace
Ranked #263 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A large number of vegetarian & non-vegetarian dishes. South indian & indo-chinese. Lunch buffet 7days a week. Dinner buffet Fri, Sat & Sunday. Catering for all ocations. Best indian restaurant.
Sumter, South Carolina
“Good food but BAD service”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have eaten here many times, and while the food is excellent the service has gotten progressively worse. I have enjoyed all the many menu items I have gotten over the years I have been here, but might have to stop going unless the service changes dramatically. The last time I dined here, the female server only came to the table twice (once to take my order and once to deliver food) - no checking on my food, refilling my drink, or even bringing the check.

1 Thank JMLMD

• Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
“Favorite Indian restaurant in Columbia”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is our favorite Indian restaurant in Columbia hands down... they also have an ethnic grocery store in the back that offers a wide range of food, spices, sundries and jewelry and other beautiful things.

Columbia, SC
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We did take out a week ago, and it was good. I had saag paneer and kofta korma. The saag was beautifully seasoned, the kofta korma had the most delicious sauce I've ever tasted. It didn't get five stars just because I have, unbelievably, had better (at a little hole in the wall in another city).

Columbia, SC
“Terrible, horrible, excuse for Indian food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I think they completely changed their management. I don't see any of the familiar faces. Looks like the owner "hired" his 15 year old daughter to micro manage the place, and it's a mess. She spends half the time talking to the customers and providing very little service. We waited and waited and waited...on the naan..it never came. The food was void of any flavor. Please don't be fooled into thinking that this is decent North Indian food. Terrible. Total ripoff. Buy the ingredients and make this stuff at home. The desserts are a JOKE! What cheapos. The gajar ka halwa (carrot puree desert) tasted like steamed carrots missing all the other ingredients. Go to a place that serves gulab jamun, ras malai, or something of that sort. The kheer (milk based rice dessert, but of course, the cheapos couldn't use vermicelli) was okay. Oh, and don't visit their grocery store either. EVERYTHING is marked up.

By the way, I think most Indians won't enjoy the food as we prefer our food spicier and more intense in flavor. Others may find the display okay. Though, I think they are ripping you off and you're unable to tell.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I personally didn't want to try this place as I have tried Bombay Grill before and Punjabi Dhaba and so far nothing can beat the Dhaba. But my friend dragged me here and all it did was prove that I was right! This food doesn't compare to the deliciousness of the chicken tikka masala and naan of Punjabi Dhaba.

• Visited June 2012