“best wings & shrimp in town”
Review of D's Wings Inc. - CLOSED

D's Wings Inc.
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Columbia, South Carolina
“best wings & shrimp in town”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

this is the only place w/consistently great wings. Their shrimp is brought fresh from McClellanville. There is a good beer selection. It is family owned & operated. The prices are good. And the staff is outstanding. What more could you want? Great for couples, friends, or families.

• Visited August 2011

Columbia, South Carolina
“Wonderful to have D's back!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

D's had been closed for seemingly forever (cat time) because of a small fire. They are now back -- same management, primarily same servers, and largely same clientele -- that's how loyal D's aficionados are. And for a reason -- actually lots of reasons.

The food is simple American, nothing fancy; but always good. Good portions and a reasonable price. Just tonight learned that D's has made arrangements to obtain South Carolina shrimp -- right of the boat at the McClellanville, SC dock. This is extraordinary. We've had poor shrimp seasons in the past and most of us have gotten use to eating foreign shrimp from who knows where. It is spectacular that we now have an affordable restaurant in Columbia that is serving local shrimp. AND, we learned that soon D's is going to have Thursday shrimp night where you can buy them prepared any way you want for something like 70-80 cents each. And local shrimp is worth every cent. I'd go just for that.

Of course D's is known for its wings -- and the hug variety of flavors. They are among the best in Columbia. The bar has a variety of beer -- not the hugest selection, but beyond the normal they have Fat Tire, Yuengling, Guinness, and a few other more unusual beers on tap.

Another reason to go is the staff. Warm, personable, attentive -- everything you could hope for.

The bar area may be a little rowdy, especially if there is game on, but the crowd is civil -- this isn't the type of place where you need to worry about a fight or offending your aged mom. The back room is sometimes a little warm in the summer. They also do special events -- large parties, that sort of thing.

Bottom line is that for causal dining, you really can't go wrong with D's.

• Visited August 2011
“The food portions are good. It tastes...”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The food portions are good. It tastes okay. I did have one bad experience there out of my 20 visits I ordered some wings and they were ready in literally 4 minutes. I watched server enter order then walk to the kitchen and walk right out with my wings. I asked him if they were premade and old or did the cook just make them. He said he watched the cook make them. So I started to eat them. Now here is the interesting part. They were crunchy and hard to chew. So I sent them back. Do not like old wings sitting under a hot lamp.

Savannah, Georgia
“Fine for Cheap Wings”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I would suggest going to Wild Wings, but Ds has cheaper wings. This is a decent place to watch whatever game you want to see.

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Service You Will Ever Get”
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I was in South Carolina with a co-worker on a business trip and we decided to swing by here because it was close by. We never expected that it would be the highlight of the trip. We literally spent more time trying to find a parking space than waiting for our food. Before I had even halfway finished my soup, the food had arrived. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Drinks were refilled before they were gone and the wings fell off the bone.

If a better wing joint exists, I have yet to find it. If you haven't been to D's, go there. You will not regret it.

1 Thank 030611e