“Top 3 in Columbia!”

Motor Supply Co. Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Motor Supply Co. Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Park and Lincoln Sts.
Transit: There are several transit stops throughout the vista and downtown area, one of which is located half a block away from us. Taxis are also readily available.
Description: Located in the historic Congaree Vista with a heated patio and free valet parking, Motor Supply has been serving progressive, New World cuisine using classic French culinary techniques for over 20 years. Led by Executive Chef Wesley Fulmer, the kitchen's lunch, dinner and brunch handwritten menus change daily, featuring contemporary New American cuisine, with nods to Creole, Cajun, New Southern, French, Italian and Asian cuisine. We are Columbia's foremost "farm to fork" restaurant, working with local, sustainable farms for produce, meats, SC seafood and more. Seafood is caught off of the Carolina coast, and all of our stocks, sauces and desserts are made on site, including our charcuterie, with house-made sausages, bacon, country pate, and rillettes, all the way down to the pickles and mustard. Our early 19th century, solid-oak bar with marble columns, imported from Europe, serves 180+ fine wines (Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, 2006-12), an extensive list of imported, domestic and local craft beers, as well as an artisan farm-to-shaker cocktail list made from house-infused liquors, handmade bitters, barrel-aged spirits and locally-sourced ingredients and garnishes.
Columbia, SC
“Top 3 in Columbia!”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We love Motor Supply. The daily menu is the best part. They use fresh ingredients (primarily local), and it shows. Sunday brunch is legencary, lunch is fabulous (same great food as dinner, but less expensive), and dinner is always a nice treat. Because the menu changes daily, you never know what you'll find. Whatever it is, you know it'll be awesome. Great for a meal with your best girflriends, or a romantic date night. Quirky art inside. Highly recommend!

Heidelberg, Germany
“Unique and delicious!”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Endlessly traveling on business gets BORING! So I have begun to use TripAdvisor to point me toward some good restaurants. Motor Supply Co. was a huge success tonight! They change the menu twice a day (lunch/dinner). Tonight I had a cup of creamy asparagus soup. Then, as a second course, hydroponic greens with local fire roasted squash, red onions, julienne red peppers with a spicy chimmichurri vinaigrette. Entree - Sugar-brined pork porterhouse sauced with a local scuppernong and ginger BBQ sauce (out of this world). The service was great. The bartendress was very informative and catered to every need. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling to Columbia!

atlanta
“Tasty, friendly”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We went early on a Saturday night and found no wait. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The menu looked good although I was disappointed to find only one vegetarian entree option. That entree was good though and everyone in my party was satisfied with her meal. And no one even looked askance at us when my 8-month-old screamed with delight several times throughout our meal. :)

Columbia, SC
“Creative staple in Columbia”
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Motor Supply has been serving great dishes for 20 years. Their menu changes daily and it is usually fairly short, but they always have something for everyone including vegetarian options. They are well known locally for their porterhouse port-chop and it is awesome. It is a small cozy place with reliable service and I have never had a bad meal.

columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best...”
Reviewed December 3, 2009

The chef here is very creative, and hand-writes his menu daily for lunch and dinner. The uses of sauces, and spices to accompany different meats changes daily (I know because I work at hotel next door and print out the menu daily). I have never been dis-appointed when dining there myself, and when I send guests there... they LOVE it. More people thank me for sending them there than any other place. If I have ever recieved one complaint, it was that the main-portion was a little small. Having dined there several times, I somewhat agree. I enjoy it though, because it is an amount that I can eat (and I always finish my plate at this place).