“Love this restaurant !”

Motor Supply Co. Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Motor Supply Co. Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,004 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Park and Lincoln Sts.
Transit: There are several transit stops throughout the vista and downtown area, one of which is located half a block away from us. Taxis are also readily available.
Description: Located in the historic Congaree Vista with a heated patio and free valet parking, Motor Supply has been serving progressive, New World cuisine using classic French culinary techniques for over 20 years. Led by Executive Chef Wesley Fulmer, the kitchen's lunch, dinner and brunch handwritten menus change daily, featuring contemporary New American cuisine, with nods to Creole, Cajun, New Southern, French, Italian and Asian cuisine. We are Columbia's foremost "farm to fork" restaurant, working with local, sustainable farms for produce, meats, SC seafood and more. Seafood is caught off of the Carolina coast, and all of our stocks, sauces and desserts are made on site, including our charcuterie, with house-made sausages, bacon, country pate, and rillettes, all the way down to the pickles and mustard. Our early 19th century, solid-oak bar with marble columns, imported from Europe, serves 180+ fine wines (Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, 2006-12), an extensive list of imported, domestic and local craft beers, as well as an artisan farm-to-shaker cocktail list made from house-infused liquors, handmade bitters, barrel-aged spirits and locally-sourced ingredients and garnishes.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love the fresh , ever changing menu!
They use local products too. Located in the trendy Vista area where everything is eclectic !

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The bartender has a passion for inventing and re-inventing cocktails. Be sure to ask what he is working on now.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

When in doubt, go to Motor Supply. That's my mantra. I went to Motor Supply with my parents when I was in college for my 18th birthday and that was a LONG time ago. Fresh and creative food, dependable service, great martinis, cool vibe, and reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This place is exactly what one hopes from a restaurant; locally sourced ingredients, creative food options, friendly staff and a great local vibe. It was unlucky for us that the kitchen was having an "off-night." And by off night, I mean both that their executive chef was gone and the sous chefs were without supervision. We had a great pork belly salad and a terrible beet salad (which was served without beets.) My trout was good but my wife's prime rib was over sauced and too tough to eat. The manager was good enough to take it off the bill. I would give these folks another shot, but not before I tried a few of the other options downtown. Many of our other choices were closed because it was a Sunday night.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The menu diversity is always enjoyable. The wine list is strong. The ambient noise and close proximity can be a bit disturbing but this a great restaurant in Columbia. The pork chops are tremendous and worth a taste.