“Very Nice”

Hampton Street Vineyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Hampton Street Vineyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: The Hampton Street Vineyard - Urban Cool Below the Sidewalk Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Columbia, across the street from the Marriott Hotel and next door to the award winning Columbia Museum of Art. Winner of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence for 17 years, Hampton Street Vineyard features seasonal menus focusing on local products with a global interpretation. In other words, your mouth will thank you!
Columbia, SC
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Went to Hampton Street Vineyard after narrowing down our list of where to go for our anniversary. We usually go to Dianne's and wanted to either try Saluda's or Hampton Street Vineyards. We actually drove by it and missed it since it was such a small place across from the Marriott. We went on a Thursday and there were three other tables having dinner with about 20 open at 6:00pm. We got seated quickly and the waiter was very helpful. We ordered appetizers, entree's, and dessert and it was all wonderful and everything flowed out smoothly. The dishes were very beautiful and my wife loved the attention to detail. Overall, we enjoyed our experience and will go again.

3 Thank williamkopti

Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Service Needs Help”
Reviewed March 22, 2007

I had the Mahi Mahi and it was overcooked but the combination maple vinagerette on the salad greens was really tasty. I would ask them to take out the artichokes as they overpower the salad. The server wasn't on top of her game which leads to frustration and the bread could have been a lot nicer for such an establishment. I thought maybe some balsamic with the plain olive oil woud have been a good idea. My friend had the Escolar which was perfectly cooked and looked divine. The decor and atmosphere was lovely. The place was clean and I would try it again just to see if its rank of #1 was in fact justified. The history of the building is also incredibly interesting. We were here for lunch on a Friday.

1 Thank JANENARELLE
atlanta
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2007

The food here was great and the atmosphere was cozy and not stuffy. I had the mushroom and rosemary chicken and it was good. This is a charming little restruant and I will problaby go back when I am in Columbia again.

1 Thank jnwhi
baltimore
“One of the best restaurants in town”
Reviewed May 10, 2006

We've lived in Columbia for about a year now and have tried almost all of the "nice" restaurants in town and Hampton Street Vineyard is definitely in our top three. We recently went there on a Wednesday night and while the restaurant was busy, the service was still excellent. We didn't have reservations but in a city with limited fine-dining options, you should probably try to make one if you're celebrating something special or going there on business.

The wine list is decent. My husband had the ahi tuna and I had a shrimp dish - both were excellent.

It was cool out when we were there but there appears to be outside seating for the Spring/Summer. It's right across the street from the Marriott so it's a great option if you are staying there.

2 Thank bmoretraveler50