“GREAT RESTURANT”

Hampton Street Vineyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Hampton Street Vineyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: The Hampton Street Vineyard - Urban Cool Below the Sidewalk Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Columbia, across the street from the Marriott Hotel and next door to the award winning Columbia Museum of Art. Winner of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence for 17 years, Hampton Street Vineyard features seasonal menus focusing on local products with a global interpretation. In other words, your mouth will thank you!
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“GREAT RESTURANT”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Hampton Street Vineyard is Excellent. Had reservation was sat down time we arrived. Waitress was very nice. Wine was great. Food was wonderful. I had the Crabcake divine. My friends both had the Pan crusted Flounder was also delightful. Would go back. Will recommend.

• Visited February 2014

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Extraordinary food with a twist”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This wonderful place is located just across the street from the Downtown Marriott. The food choices had a twist that was simply divine! Fast and friendly service in a nice atmosphere. Michelle was extremely nice. I will definitely visit again on my next trip to Columbia!!

• Visited February 2014
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France
“Excellent restaurant!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at the Mariott and went right across the street for dinner.
Nice atmosphere and decoration. Nice choices in the menu
The food was very good, very tasty (being French I'm quite picky...).
The staff was nice and the service very fast.
So good that we went there a couple times to try all the menu :)

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Would dine again.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We arrived for a late business dinner (9ish). Me straggling behind, the client chose the wine. A youngish Italian. No decanting was offered, though it could have used it.
I ordered the spinach salad with the bacon vinaigrette. Holy cow - hold the vinegar. It was perfectly awful pairing with the wine, which was beginning to open up. The tang of the onions cloth the overpowering vinegar nearly made the salad inedible, so I looked for untainted pieces of spinach to eat. It was easy. Not a good choice if you are going to be drinking red wine. I elected to go with the lump crab meat for the entree. It was huge! Really a good size portion. No one was going away hungry. But, while tasty covered with the sweet potato chips, its texture was soggy and I didn't enjoy that as much as I enjoy a traditional preparation (perhaps personal preference). Also, the chunks were fairly small, not the larger chunks I've seen more recently in fine dining establishments. My companions enjoyed pasta, shrimp, and scallops. No one sent anything back and no one complained, but it was not outstanding. No one ordered dessert, but the two of us who ordered decaf both think they gave us full test - based on the fact that neither if is could sleep - even finishing dinner at 10:30. That being said, I'll give it another shot. The staff was attentive and I'd give a higher mark to service than to taste. So, I will try again - but not the spinach salad. Definitely not that.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great place”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I always enjoy going to Hampton Street Vineyard. For wine lovers there is a fabulous wine list, for the rest of us there is anything else you may want to drink. The flash fried oysters app is the best around. The oysters are always sweet and tender and the sauce with it compliments the dish.

Visited January 2014