“A great lunch”

Hampton Street Vineyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Hampton Street Vineyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 998 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: The Hampton Street Vineyard - Urban Cool Below the Sidewalk Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Columbia, across the street from the Marriott Hotel and next door to the award winning Columbia Museum of Art. Winner of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence for 17 years, Hampton Street Vineyard features seasonal menus focusing on local products with a global interpretation. In other words, your mouth will thank you!
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wandering aimlessly around Columbia at lunch time we came across this restaurant. We arrived late, close to 2.00 pm, but were warmly welcomed and had a great meal. The duck casserole was one of the best I have ever had. The wine list was excellent.

1  Thank Green-David-Green

Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's been awhile since I've been to Hampton Street Vineyard, but wow, I'm glad I returned. This was a special occasion and it lived up to the expectation in every respect. From the appetizer, to main course, then dessert, everything was perfect. The recommended wines were delicious and complemented the dishes well. The service was just the right touch- not too overbearing, but our server, Monica was there when we needed her. My husband and I felt that the staff really cared that we enjoyed the dining experience. You don't get that very often. Outstanding restaurant and my new Columbia favorite!

1  Thank Charlottekat
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Although the food at Hampton Street was good (had one of the specials) the service was inexperienced.
Since it was a business lunch, I always want my guests to enjoy. The server was new and very choppy and uninformed. Restaurants like Hampton should never assign a new server (without back up) to a large party. Hopefully lesson learned.

1  Thank RMGTravel
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ate here for the first time, had the braised short ribs which was good, but sort of like Sunday dinner pot roast. The mashed potatoes tasted like instant potatoes, I did tell the host and she said they make them in house, I said add more cream and less water. The did have a nice wine and beer list. Nice location downtown, just not the fine dinning I was expecting. Nothing special to me, and I eat out 4 nights a week around the Southeast.

1  Thank billreedred
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had dinner with my wife Saturday night. My wife had Duck and it was prepared excellently. I had one of the house specialties (Braised Short Ribs). The ribs were outstanding!! Service also was great. Definitely will go back.

1  Thank jwpolston