“The bar area needs an overhaul.”
Review of TGI Friday's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Columbia, South Carolina
“The bar area needs an overhaul.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Did not eat there, just had a drink, but think that even if the food was good the old and rundown decor, tables and bar area would detract from the whole dining experience. The place just looked dirty so I left after one drink. Go somewhere else whenever possible.

Columbia, South Carolina
“A nice change of pace... out of the mainstream . Give it a try !”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Surprised to see so few reviews of this establishment. Defintely surprised to see negative. Recent visit reminded me of how much I missed my own lil "Cheers" . I have been a patron for over the past 20 years. From almost every day 4-5 times a week at certain points to only a few visits a month depending on if I was traveling or in the Columbia area. Staff is friendly , great bar . GM Ron is top notch ! Many a restaurant managers I have seen could certainly learn a lot from him. Restaurant is located at what once was a mall . Don't expect to do much shopping , only a few stores remain Belks(previously JBWhites) , Footlocker and few others . Located beside Barnes & Nobles, TGI tho is a nice change of pace from busy hustle bustle of normal mainstream or fast food habits we all tend to get into. Carribean Wings and All the Jack Daniels options are quite tasty. Nice soups/salads sandwich combos available. Good appetizer selection and HAPPY HOUR specials are some of the best in town. The TGI Rewards program is one of the better incentive progams of any chain for the frequent visitor . The survey coupon incentive that is often received with a purchase is quite nice as well. Not as inexpensive as a dollar menu but NICE change of pace and worth the $$$. When it gets crowded can at times be a lil wait. If you don't have time to dine in, call-in for pickups are quite convienient ! Give it a try or just stop in and enjoy the bar and a game.

• Visited February 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Jack Daniels Ribs are the best ever”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
MD
“FORGET ABOUT IT”
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I usually dislike chain restaurants, but an old friend asked me to meet her at TGIF's and it is near the new shopping center. I ordered the greasy sliders with a mojito. I used the mojito to help force down the worst sliders ever. The waitress got lost in the huge crowd..NOT. I am sure I saw a strand of her hair in my untouched water glass. Just go somewhere else...I'm getting sick thinking about those sliders.