“Excellent Service, Casual Classy Atmosphere, Fantastic Middle Eastern Cuisine”
Review of Arabesque

Arabesque
Ranked #80 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent Service, Casual Classy Atmosphere, Fantastic Middle Eastern Cuisine”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I loved our visit to Arabesque. First the restaurant is nicely decorated and presents itself as a casual yet beautiful manner. We got there about 5:30 on a Thursday afternoon and found that we had the place pretty much to ourselves, however by the time we left most of the tables were filled. Our waitress Shelley was great, she provided great service and was very personable and friendly. After we enjoyed our dinner Sylvana (the owner) stopped by our table to ask us about our experience. It was so nice to have the opportunity to meet and speak with the owner, she was very passionate about the service and food they offered.

On Thursday evenings they offer all of their pizzas at half price. We decided to order a small Lebanese pizza instead of an appetizer. At half price we paid $5.50 for a pizza that had eight good sized pieces and was loaded with fresh ingredients. The pizza alone could have easily been our meal.

They offer a nice variety of salads. My wife had the Tabbouleh which was made fresh and was very good. I had the El Amer salad which was equally fresh and just as pleasant.

For our main course I had the roast lamb over rice served with roast veggies; my wife had a chicken dish also served over yellow rice and veggies. Both the lamb and the chicken were very tasty, the portions were huge.

Desert was homemade baklava.

We had a great time and will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank JonLugoff_SC

Charleston, South Carolina
“No Really Finger/Plate Lickin GOOD”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was in Columbia, SC this past weekend at a district convention. When I asked where were the restaurants, I was immediately directed to the ones located near Gervais street. In my previous review, I shared that experience. Anyway wanting more of a variety I decided to travel in the opposite direction and found this awesome Lebonesese (sorry about the spelling) restaurant called Arabesque. Up until then I had never eaten this typ of food so I decided to have an adventure.

Well walking into the restaurant you are transported. The atmosphere and decor (which are two totally different things) reminds you of the Arabian Nights even in the womens room. (yes I know they are not Lebonesees) but you get the idea. There are tapestrys on the walls and pillows on the benches. The music is soft and foreign.

The service was very attentive and informative. I ordered curry beef and rice with a feta salad and a slamming Jose margarita. The curry is made differently. They do not use indian curry. It is a different type and the flavoring is light and spicy. I think thier rice is a yellow balsmic rice. Nice and firm and dry. No mush there. Truly, on the down low, I swiped my finger across the plate a few times after all the food was gone. Yeah I know not proper, but it sure was finger lickin good.

As a side note, the next day at the convention I fell and broke my foot. Went to ER. Got Boot. And wanting comfort food, returned to Arabesque and reordered the beef curry and rice with a garden salad this time and a small farralle (again, I am sure I spelled that one wrong as well).

For me who resides in Charleston, Columbia's restaurants do not compare in the variety category, but finding Arabesque gave me a different view on Lebanon and their dietary choices and cooking styles.

My order of made to order curry beef with yellow rice, margarita and salad came to a reasonable price of $21.00 dollars. A great value considering the amount of food you get.

An though I don't imbide, they also have a hookah bar as well.

• Visited June 2013