“Family Favorite for Breakfast”
Review of Lizard's Thicket

Lizard's Thicket
Ranked #72 of 976 Restaurants in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Family Favorite for Breakfast”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lizard's Thicket has been around as long as I can remember. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our family only goes for breakfast because 3 out of 4 of us do not prefer their classic southern lunch and dinners. That is not to say they are not good, but rather that we prefer to eat lunch and dinner elsewhere. I have had lunch and dinner there before and it was good. Most people rave about it.

Breakfast - They have it all! My husband gets the western omelet, cubes hash browns, and toast. I get the French Toast - some of the best I have ever tasted and made with Texas Toast. My daughter gets a Belgian Waffle, and my son gets a Mickey Mouse pancake (not on the menu, but they will fix it if you ask.) They also serve all kinds of meat, fish, etc. for breakfast if you like that kind of stuff.

Service - The service is great when we go, which is usually early on a weekend morning (b/w 6-7 am.) There is hardly anyone there and the waitresses are great. The two waitresses in the section we always sit in even remember our orders. :) Everything is served fast and refills usually arrive before you even have to ask for one.

Nothing negative to say about this great locally owned restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“That's some good fried chicken!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

On my way to business meeting in Myrtle Beach. Stopped into the Thicket in Columbia. Haven't eaten here in a long time. Excellent fried chicken and Mac and cheese!!! Great sweet tea too!

“Yummy, inexpensive and fast”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Ordered take out for 7 ate 8:30 pm and food was ready in 15 minutes. Goatskin coast was $73. Everything tasted fresh and was properly prepared. Will be back.

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was recommended this place by the front desk clerk at the motel I was staying at and I have to say that this was the best food I have ever had!!

• Visited May 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Taste of Southern Cooking”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Asked the front desk at our hotel for a place with good local cooking. We were not disappointed. We walked in at 8:30 pm they close at 9 which we did not realize until we sat down. We were not rushed. The country fried steak and fried chicken was great. The sides were good I was a little disappointed in the fried apples. Service was very good and the waitress helped us with our choices we had a lot of questions. I realized I had been at this restaurant quite a few years back and loved it. Will stop here again on our next trip to Florida.

• Visited May 2014