“What a trippy little place to eat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quaker Steak & Lube - CLOSED

Quaker Steak & Lube
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Elgin, SC
“What a trippy little place to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My daughter and I opted to try this place out as I'd seen it from the highway. We went in and everything is automotive themed. They have an old timey gas tank out front, the restaurant is designed like a garage, there are cars and motorcycles hanging by cables from the ceiling, and TV's EVERYWHERE. They do have a game room and gift shop as you come in, but we didn't use those. If you like their super-hot sauce and want to take some home, it is sold in a medicine bottle with a disclaimer.
I got the queso meso and my daughter just got a regular burger. The waitress, Paris, was sweet as she could be and the food was outstanding. A little pricey, but we expected it to be higher. They had a DJ come in and the music was fairly good. My daughter and I danced a little. The only things that keep this rating from being outstanding is there was a party going on so our service was incredibly slow, and again, the burgers were pricey. Otherwise, it's well worth going to see at least once.

• Visited April 2013