“Good fresh food, good atmosphere”
Review of Il Giorgione

Il Giorgione
Ranked #80 of 1,022 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The pasta is all fresh. We ate outside which was very pleasant. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and did a good job. I had the white pizza and is was nice with a thin crust and lots of cheese. My friend had the special which was gnocchi with pecan sauce. I tasted it and it was wonderful.

3  Thank Jackie B

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat at Il Giorgione once a week, sometimes more. It is a family run restaurant and the owners, Monica and George, could not be nicer. Joshua, the bartender, is also great. Giorgione has, by far, the best pizza in Columbia and some of the best I have ever had -- including travel through Italy. Very reasonably priced (I think the pizza we get is @ $8 for an entire pie). The pasta dishes tend not to be as flavorful as I like but I'm hoping that may improve over time. Great food and great bargain.

2  Thank GrizSC
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere. Drinks were perfect. Bruschetta with artichoke hearts on fresh bread points, spaghetti carbonara, pizza, desserts all delicioso!!!!
Owners are hands on. Visited the table to make sure we were satisfied with our meal.

1  Thank pollypnorma
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had moderate expectations based on previous glowing (suspiciously so) reviews. Alas, our experience was closer to the one-star review by another reviewer. Portions are anemic. Pizzas are a good deal. Ordered the salumi e formaggi (antipasto/charcuterie) plate and quite frankly, the salumi were so thinly sliced, they tore when I tried to pick them up with a fork. Furthermore, the portions for a $12 plate were really stingy. Service was fair. Our waiter was very courteous and we were promptly greeted by the young waitstaff while being pointedly ignored by the management/ proprietor's wife who repeatedly checked on and chit-chatted EVERY single table but ours. Other reviewers have noted the friendliness of management/owners. Perhaps that only extends to certain clientele- I was the only non-Caucasian diner in the restaurant at the time my family and I dined.....
Pros- server was attentive and took back an unsatisfactory cocktail with courtesy (for which we extended our sincere appreciation), prompt seating, decent ambience, pizzas ok.
Cons- discordance between portions and pricing, pointed snobbery of management (the latter of which was most egregious)
Summary- highly unlikely to return. Thankfully, Columbia has PLENTY of other dining establishments worth patronizing.

2  Thank ATravelerNotATourist
Monica K, Owner at Il Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for il Giorgione Pizzeria & Wine Bar (Gio's). We are a fairly new restaurant in Columbia. We are grateful for all comments so that we can address issues and work on making improvements.

Our goal is to provide customers with an authentic Italian experience. It is important to us that our food is prepared with quality product and fresh ingredients. Our Salumi e Formaggi plate includes meats, cheeses, olives, and fig jam that are imported from Italy and we believe our price of $12 is fair based on the quality of the product. Based on your comments however we are reviewing the portion sizes served on this plate.

We are so sorry that you were disappointed with your first visit to Gio's - I do try and visit with our customers to say hello and make sure that everything is ok. Unfortunately I do not always get to every table - I apologize that I missed talking with you the night you were here. My husband and I would love for you to come back and give us another try. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I don't even like tomatoes but there caprese salad is fantastic using fresh daily made mozzarella cheese made in house. The pizza is so good with a thin crust and simple ingredients.

3  Thank Andy42852