“Great Italian, style thin crust pizza”
Review of Il Giorgione

Il Giorgione
Ranked #111 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Great Italian, style thin crust pizza”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Casual, couples and families with children. Wonderful thin crust pizza- like you find in Italy. Great bruschetta and salads. Pleasant decor. Nice all-Italian wine list. A nice glass of wine and a pizza each cost about $8.
I am confused - is this a pizza place with somewhat expensive wines or a wine bar with inexpensive bar snacks ( excellent pizza) ? Either way, I love it and will be back.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank mmcgannon

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

First time visit. The staff were all very friendly, upbeat and attentive. The atmosphere was very nice and the food was great. I read others reviews and they were mostly all good. A couple of people complained about uncomfortable chairs, small portions and high prices. I thought the seating was very comfortable. They didn't put too many tables in the room, making it feel like you we're eating with your neighbor. The portions sizes were perfect and the prices very reasonable. I highly recommend you give it a try.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NSB-SC
Columbia, SC
“How did Columbia get so lucky?!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a great restaurant! Words I don't use lightly. Okay, it's a pizza and wine bar and makes no claim to an extensive menu of Italian food, but everything is beautifully prepared and presented. The owner makes his own mozzarella every day, so our caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes was delicious. My spaghetti carbonara and my companion's pizza special (topped with fresh arugula) were equally delicious. The pizza was like those I had in Italy--thin crisp crust with only a few perfect fresh items on top. All the ingredients are what they are SUPPOSED to be--the pancetta in the carbonara was real pancetta, not American bacon as another unnamed restaurant in town serves.

The room is simple and elegant without a hint of stuffiness--soft colors and clean-lined dark wood tables and chairs, most of which are tall. Fun and quite comfortable. The bar is appealing (and as soon as they stock Tanqueray, this place will be perfect!) and the wine list is not long, but has some Italian wines from less-familiar regions, which is a lovely touch.

Finally, let me say that the service was warm, prompt, and efficient.

I agree with the reviewer who said go early or call for a reservation. This place is going to be packed just as soon as the word gets out.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank mybagsrpackd
Blythewood
“What an awesome surprise!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wow. How could I not have known about this gem? Gia's is the real deal. Best thin crust pizza I've ever had. Loved the bartender, waitress, wine list' food and atmosphere. Went with some friends and we sampled many of the authentic menu items and were disappointed in none! I ordered pizza for my appetizer and loved it so much, I ordered the "Kevin" pizza for my entree. It was made with ricotta cheese, roasted garlic and caramelized onions. Yum. I highly recommend Gia's but get reservations or get there early. This place will be packing them in soon!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank NonnaBBlythewood
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Italian food in Columbia”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had both lunch and dinner at Il Giorgione this month. The lunch was a great arugula salad with tuna, tomatoes and home made mozzarella. The dress was a great oil and lemon. The dinner was two different thin crust pizzas. Both outstanding with fresh herbs. The BLT pizza was outstanding. The restaurant is family owned and you know the owners and they make sure your your experience is great. Definitely a must in Columbia

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank johnrkesslerjr

Been to Il Giorgione? Share your experiences!