“Always great BBQ!”

Big T's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #139 of 1,110 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

This is an awesome BBQ place! We always get a hash and rice plate and a Big T dinner plate. We were not disappointed! It is a Carolina mustard style pork BBQ, well worth the try if you haven't had that style! I believe they have a red sauce on request. The sides are true soul/ southern food! Very rarely have I had a bad experience here, always good!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Great BBQ and Southern soul food, the restaurant itself is tucked away in a nondescript strip mall, but the food is delicious. I eat here every time I drive through Columbia for their fantastic smoked pulled pork and hash, tangy collard greens, mac and cheese, if you have a big appetite get the Big T dinner with two sides, you won't leave hungry.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank LangdonCheves
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

This place wasn't bad but none of us were super impressed. The pulled pork sandwiches were pretty good but the ribs were pretty dry and kind of tough. We probably wouldn't go here again.

1  Thank marilynr404
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Wife and I chose Big T’s based on the reviews; this was the exception to the rule for accepting others opinions. We were there during Saturday lunchtime. We had pulled pork and bbq chicken with mac and cheese, collards, and hash over rice.
Starting with what was good. The Schweppes ginger ale was cold and sharp. The collards were hot and had just a taste of vinegar giving them just the right amount of “kick”. The pulled pork was moist and flavorful, but the sweet mustard sauce overpowered the meat taste, it was too sweet. The bbq chicken was dry, cold, and had no bbq flavor to it. The mac and cheese was dry and barely warm. The hash had very little taste and the rice was undercooked.

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Great BBQ as always. The only issue I had during this visit was that they had run out of green beans as a side. It was a Saturday night, and they were busy. I got the coleslaw instead as a substitute, great slaw! I will keep going back for the awesome BBQ! I think the BBQ pulled pork is the best in Columbia!

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Big T's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!