“Walked out”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Florence, South Carolina
“Walked out”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I was NEXT in line. In front of me was a woman probably mid 40's.

She was asking question after question about various menu items. So many questions that it was getting obnoxious. So obnoxious, that two additional employees joined the cashier to assist in fielding the questions.

I was calm but getting aggravated.

Not one single employee acknowledged me.

After several minutes, the lady had ordered and I thought that I was next, right? My turn? Nope.

This lady turn to a lady sitting down at a table behind me and proceeds to tell me that she is next.

WHAT?!??

My problem was how the employees acted. Nobody acknowledged me. A simple "I can get YOU right here, sir" would have solved the problem but they refused.

Won't return

1 Thank awrollins

“The big cup”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Last resort to finding bbq on a Sunday .. it was decent .. I prefer the mustard sauce and Potatoe salad over the actually ribs ... not nasty ... But definitely not the absolute best but I definitely loved the cup ! Very cute souvenir! !

1 Thank Alexzandria J
Columbia
“There are much better places to go...”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I saw a groupon offered for this place and thought it would be a opportunity to check out the food since I've never eaten here nor do I know anyone who has. The groupon required me to order online so I did, and my husband swung by to pick it up on his way home. I ordered two of the 3 meat 2 side plates. Long story short, the people here gave him the wrong order twice, which meant he went back twice to get the right order after coming home.mi was so annoyed I called the store to see whatt he issue was. Spoke with the manager,who was professional, and somewhat apologetic for the mix up. Turns out they were out of the item I ordered and that is why they wouldn't give it to my husband but neglected to tell him that so he could choose something else. Needless to say I was frustrated, and probably wouldn't eat here again. The food was fair, portions amazingly small, especially for the price they charge. The groupon gave me the food for basically half off, which I still felt was too much once I saw the portion. Anyone that eats at a southern BBQ place would know to expect more. I wish I took a photo. I think the combo I purchased was regularly priced at $12...geez. The food is def a different style of BBQ so be prepared. The Mac and cheese is the creamy kind like the Kraft Mac n cheese...the potato casserole was good though.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank MrsWilliamsColumbia
Camden, South Carolina
“Finally not mustard base.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

It was great to finally eat at a barbecue place in Columbia that doesn't have mustard based sauce. The food was good and the manager was extremely friendly. It's defiantly a place to go back to.

Visited August 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good Choices & Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dickey's offers several meat choices, sides and a special treat...free soft serve.
The fried okra is superb.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!