“Good Choices & Service”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #441 of 998 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dickey's offers several meat choices, sides and a special treat...free soft serve.
The fried okra is superb.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was my first time eating Dickey's BBQ since it opened in Columbia. I've never heard of Dickey'syou BBQ sojoints I decided to give it try. I ordered the smoked turkey breast with mac &cheese and fried okra. Soon as I returned home and opened the container, I was very disappointed in what I saw. The mac &cheese was nothing but mac & velveeta cheese sauce. The fried okra was salty and tasted like it came out the freezer. The BBQ sauce was store-bought, but it has Dickey's name on it. The smoked turkey breast was tasteless and it didn't appear to be done. There are hundreds of BBQ joints in the Columbia area that will put Dickey's to shame. The homestyle sides were store-bought. Meat was pour quality. This was basically $10 gone down the drain. If you want the real deal bbq, don't waste your time and money on this place.

1  Thank Sassysexycobra
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been to Dickey's before for the ribs, but this time I decided to try the LiL Hoagie w/ pulled pork. It was delicious, but the fried okra was off the chain. My husband got the usual ribs platter and it was also very good. My parents both got a platter, my mother got the pulled pork and my dad got the ribs & sausage. The sides were also very good. We had mac & cheese, okra, baked potato casserole, all very good. They were courteous, fast & efficient and the place was clean and organized. We arrived right after they opened, and it was 10 -15 minutes later, the people were lined almost out the door and the inside had already started to fill up. So please give Dickey's a try. It's located next to the Kroger on Two Notch & Sparkleberry Ln.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I prefer Texas BBQ over SC BBQ, but it is very hard to find here. Dickey's is the best (and only) Texas BBQ to my knowledge in Columbia. The meats and sauces were outstanding. Nothing too exciting about the beans and potato salad. Fried okra was really good. Free vanilla soft serve was a nice touch. Main complaints: portion size, especially meats, were too small. Strip mall ambiance - buy hey, who cares if you're going for BBQ. Agree it is overpriced relative to portion size.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We love BBQ and had been wanting to try this place for a while. It smells like a fake BBQ joint, like that liquid smoke you get from a bottle. My pulled pork BBQ was FULL of fat, probably at least 30%. My son got brisket and it was very dry. The fries were very greasy and tasted like oil. My husband and daugter did however really love the okra. The food overall was not good and overpriced. The service was slow and unfriendly, they act like they don't want to be there. The best part was the free soft serve ice cream which was good, however they ran out of cones druing our visit :( The next day I was throwing laundry in the washer and the clothes we had on smelled like that place...fake smoke. Save your tastebuds and your wallet and go to Little Pigs...now that's some good all u can eat BBQ and service with a smile.

1  Thank SandyInSC