“OK first visit.”
Review of HuHot Mongollian Grill - CLOSED

HuHot Mongollian Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it's cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It's all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
West Columbia, South Carolina
“OK first visit.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been wanting to try this place for a while and I finally got the chance. It was as expected. I didn't like the fact that there are so many different options for sauces. The guides helped a little but it's more or less trial and error. I can see where this might be a fun date night, kind of like fondue.

• Visited September 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“I missed 29 years of HU HOT!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The first time I tried Hu Hot was in OKC at Quail Springs Mall. I have been delighted at my experience each time. It's def my favorite vote for date night with my husband. It's affordable and delish!

There has only been one time that there was an issue with the food line not being stocked & tidy. We all have bad days! What I did get was still delish without the meat!

I highly recommend for date nights on a budget or work lunch!

• Visited August 2013
Columbia, SC
“non-traditional buffet”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Interesting experience. At the buffet, you choose the ingredients you want and top it with the sauce you want and then take your bowl to the cooks at the grill who will cook your dish while you watch. You can go back as many times as you want, but if it's busy it takes a good 20 minutes for the process of going through the buffet line and then the cooking line. Some people choose to cook two bowls at a time to save time going back to the buffet. It's $10 for the weekend lunch buffet (drinks not included.) You can also order an appetizer, salad, and dessert from the menu, but they're not included in the lunch buffet price. If you go for dinner the buffet is $13 but includes a salad. The Crispy Egg Rolls and Asian Salad are delicious. They also have the Freestyle Coke machine, but it's not self-serve you have to order from the server. My family enjoyed the experience of trying different ingredients and sauces each trip to the buffet.

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Wonderful Food at a Wonderful Price!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Now you may be a little put off when you start with your proteins and see they are frozen, but once you put in your vast array of vegetables, at least 6 scoops of sauces and then they put your bowl on the mongolian grill everything is wonderful. We have eaten there many times and would eat there every time we go out but the wife is Italian and not a big fan of Asian.

• Visited June 2013
Ormond Beach
“HuHot is a great way to eat asian inspired foods”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We decided to try HuHot for lunch as we expected the restaurant would be less full and we would not feel as rushed and could take our time and enjoy it more. SInce I had never been to a "build your own dish"/buffet like this before I was not sure what to expect. The host was pleasant and greeted us upon arrival, and we were seated immediately. The service, explained the menu and the concept, took our drink order, made some recommendation and we were on our way. I started with beef as my first protein, adding a variety of noodles and vegetables. The chef "grilled" "sauteed" or in other words, cooked my dish and placed it on a plate The sauce was chosen by me, I mixed a few different ones to make "my own sauce" and it was delicious. delicious. My next dish I chose chicken and many vegetable and for my last two, all vegetables. For each plate I mixed various sauces to make my own. I ate four small plates of food all different. Since I choose the sauce bases and vegetables and proteins, I loved every plate. I loved the food, the server kept us good on drinks, cleared our plates and we had a great lunch. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the prices were very reasonable.

• Visited July 2013