“Nice dining experience”
Review of The Oak Table

The Oak Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oak Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main and Gervais
Description: Located on the corner of Main and Gervais Street, The Oak Table offers guests a menu of classic, American cuisine served in a captivating space that highlights the best of both contemporary and traditional design. Inspired by its sister restaurants in Charleston, S.C., Oak Steakhouse and The Macintosh, The Oak Table serves dishes that expound on the freshness of locally sourced, seasonal products. The focal point of the restaurant is an aged wooden table, a reminder of the integrity of time-honored American cuisine.Hours of operation:Monday through Thursday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.Friday: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.Saturday: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.Sunday brunch: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
“Nice dining experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good food, ambiance, and service. This restaurant is in downtown Columbia, and has a few tables where you can dine outside. It was a beautiful evening so that is where we ate. My wife and I were with another couple, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was attentive, but not overly so. I thought it a little pricey, but I didn't feel ripped off. You can review the menu online to see if the prices will give you pause. We will probably go back.

South Carolina
“In the heart of downtown Columbia!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A beautiful upscale restaurant with an impressive view of the State Capitol building. Nice ambience. I have been there on several occasions and every time the food has been excellent. Fish preparations and presentation are very good (most restaurants have a tendency to overcook fish....the Oak Table does it right). The Oak Table Burger is outstanding. $12 might seem high for a burger, but this one is worth every cent!
Very good wine list, some nice ones available by the glass - and the bar staff are very knowledgable about the wines and other drinks that are served.
Altogether a very satisfactory experience.

florida
“Pure Splendor”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Took wife out for our wedding anniversary. Had been there 2 previous times and loved it both times. Figured I otta chime in here and tell you about our experience. This is my first restaurant review. We've traveled across Europe and have hit many of 4/ 5 star places in SF, Paris, Venice. This place is like any one of those but without the incredibly high price.
We are early eaters so we arrived at our traditional 5pm. Service was friendly and helpful. Small menu but everything was prepared to perfection with an emphasis on local and regional ingredients from Edisto, SC. Again relatively small wine list but great wines to drink. My wife and I split the heirloom vegetables- they were delectable. For our entree dish, I ordered the rudderfish and my wife a burger with truffle fries. Rudderfish was cooked perfectly; it was tender and reminded me of something between a tilapia and a mackerel. The accompanying tomato-based topping with a mysteriously delicious combination of seasons and flavors really drove this dish into high gear. The burger was the kind they you just don't want to miss a bite even though you are getting a little full. I also ordered baked "mac" on the side, not to miss with its 5 or 6 cheese gourmet taste. Dessert was a trio of s'mores, burnt honey and fennel ice cream and sweet corn panna cotta. All were outstanding and not fatty tasting. Hold your tongue now but I really liked the Corn flakes that partially topped the panna cotta- you simply have to try it. We'd go back but moving to Europe with military.

“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had reservations for lunch with friends and had to wait quite a while to be seated. The place is fairly small. The selections were few and the service slow for a salad. The salad was skimpy and over priced. They put a very small "dinner" salad in huge bowl. Was hungry again shortly there after.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank NSB-SC
“Really Disappointed”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had guests in town and came here on the recommendation of a friend. It was a Monday night so perhaps they were off their game, I don't know. Our server was friendly and polite, but the service overall was extremely slow. In all the meal took over two hours and we did not even order many courses. Dessert, a pre-made creation, took over 20 minutes to arrive & it was hard to get a refill on drinks. I had the burger which was flavorful and juicy, but entirely too large to fit into one's mouth. My husband had the rudderfish entree and did not care for the flavor very much. The french fries which accompanied the entree were the best thing about the meal, and also a side of mushrooms was good. Portions are not large and while we did not leave hungry, I did not find it a good value at all. Another big disappointment was that the whole "flash fried lobster" which was featured on the menu (the reason we picked this place) was not available after all -due to "not being in season". I cannot recommend this choice and regret that we brought out of town guests to eat here.

1 Thank Chinana