Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Good 3.5/5
American Inn(Columbia)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskriverbanks zoofull kitchenbreakfast and dinnerhome away from homeawesome hotelbreakfast staffrecommend this hotelhot tubcomplimentary breakfasta great stayminute driveindoor poolthe general managersouth carolinathe staff was greathotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel had everything I could have asked for. As a person who travels bi-weekly for work, I have stayed in my share of hotels. This was one of the best I've stayed in-- and for only $114 a night. Staff was courteous and more than helpful. Free continental breakfast was great, and even better, a small dinner and drinks were included. The staff supervising mealtimes were so cheerful and more than willing to help with anything (I even overheard one of them saying to another employee very happily that she was taking dinner up to a sick guest's room. She didn't know I was listening, but she was still just as nice as she could be about it). They did have a tip jar at dinner, but with service like that, I was more than happy to tip. Also, the gym was fairly small, but machines were in good condition AND you could even take your room key over to the Pivotal Fitness down the road and get in for free. The room was spacious with a full kitchen and living room and very comfortable bed. I have recommended the hotel to everyone I know and will only be staying in Homewood Suites when I am in the Columbia area from now on.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
SCHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The service our team provides really shows what southern hospitality is all about! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I always enjoy taking time to get away and staying at hotels for some privacy. We have stayed at many hotels such as the Marriot, Adams Mark, Embassy Suites, etc. But NONE have compared to our stay at Homewood Suites! The suites are out of this world! Very neat and clean! The staff is so pleasant and nice! Very accommidating in making sure you feel at home and have everything you need! I highly recommend Homewood Suites of Columbia! I promise you will enjoy it and they will not let you down! My husband and I have already decided after just one visit that Homewood Suites is and will be our "get away" hotel! Thanks to Juan and the WONDERFUL staff for an enjoyable and pleasant stay!
Kenneth and Corinne
Irmo, SC

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Dawkinslady
SCHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for your business.

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stay at hotels across the Southeast US at least 2 nights each week. This is my favorite hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and are very accomodating. Every stay is a pleasure and the staff works hard to accomodate all my requests. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The separte living and sleeping rooms are wonderful. The hotel is honestly the closest hotel to staying at home that I stay in all the Southeast US. Use this hotel during yor time in Columbia. You will be very pleased with your experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! Our staff love it and feel proud when their hardwork get recognized. We hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

I cant say enough. We were treated like royalty. As soon as the staff found out that we were here to celebrate our honeymoon, they arranged for champagne and choclates.
Everbody at thid hotel is extremely friendly,especially Jill. Kudos to the management team for making our stay memorable.
The staff is very knowledgebale and well trained,they sugestted a very nice and cosy restaurant for our dinner plans.
Kudos to the Homewwod Suites in Columbia.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Congratulations! Our staff is happy you've chosen us to be a part of your memory. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

my family planned a quick 2 night trip to columbia to see the Christmas lights at the zoo and decided to try this hotel because because it had an indoor pool and they were scheduled to have a light dinner (pizza) delivered, when we checked in we found out that since there werent many people spending the night (Dec.30) there wasnt going to be any dinner provided. When I mentioned that that we were disappointed Howard at the front desk told us to order any pizza we wanted and provide drinks as well. I travel a fair amount for work and can honestly say that this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and would definately stay here again. Howard is the man.
this is from my 9 year old " This is the best hotel i had ever stayed at. The Manager is really nice." great job

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family