All reviews front desk riverbanks zoo full kitchen breakfast and dinner hot tub complimentary breakfast a great stay the general manager indoor pool south carolina business trip enjoyed my stay would definitely stay here again fitness center waffles the breakfast area staff was friendly
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This property was excellent? Everything you could want for a business trip stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms and common areas. During many trips this past year I can say that the folks at this property do a great job and are genuine.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
kareemm305, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Well thank you so much, PERFECT Review! I’m so glad to hear you made the choice to stay with us on your visits to Columbia. It really make us happy when we exceed guest expectations. We can wait to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable; but
Bathroom shower head/waterline loose.
Toilet made very very loud squelching noise when flushed.
Fan in the bathroom did not work. Overhead light in the bedroom did not work.
I was supposed to get one king size bed, but was given two doubles instead.
The living area only had a single chair. A small couch with the chair would have been much better for two or more people. There was enough room for a couch and chair.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

First I’m glad to hear your room was clean and comfortable. I’m not sure why your original room choice was not honored we always try our hardest to honor original reservations. I will immediately share your review with our maintenance department insuring are next guest does have the same experience. I hope the next time you are in Columbia we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels & I probably wouldn’t stay here again. There was no staff to be found at check in & the entire building needs updating. Everything was clean, but old looking which made me think it was dirty. Won’t stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
kareemm305, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

I’m am glad to hear our property was very clean, my apologies that you were waiting at check in most likely our desk staff stepped away to help another guest. The next time you are in our area please contact me directly so I can assure your stay is issue free.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Very poor experience.The hotel should make sure the rooms are clean and the doors are easily accessible. The pool water was green and children were playing in dirty water. The hotel staff were not customer friendly.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank harrdggcm
kareemm305, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

We take our pool cleanliness very seriously, it is serviced by our maintenance staff on a daily basis and an outside vendor three times per week. Can you tell me when your stay took place? Please contact me directly so we may further discuss your stay. Kareem.Miller@hilton.com

Reviewed December 24, 2019

My husband and I traveled to Columbia to celebrate our 10th anniversary and decided to stay at the HomeWood Suites by Hilton. I am sorry to report that we did not experience the “Hilton” experience we are accustomed to associating with the brand. The front desk staff was nice but spent lots of time on personal calls, only stopping briefly to speed read through instructions on how to get to the elevators and then return back to her call. The heat on our room was not working and there was no one available to even check the heater much less fix it. We were moved to a room without the amenities we specifically chose the original room for. It was much smaller and the spa experience I felt I paid extra for was not available but I guess the front desk was too busy on personal calls to notice. The breakfast was okay but did not have many options for those that cannot have wheat or soy products. If you have allergies I suggest stoping by the local supermarket and getting some fruit beforehand. The items my husband was able to consume did look fresh though. Overall cannot recommend this hotel to others although it is clean and close to the zoo. I’m not sure whom to contact due to the Christmas holidays in reference to the money we put out for a stay that was not as promised but I will update when I get this resolved.

Side note - we could not use the downstairs spa because the chlorine was so bad that it made our eyes water and our throats hurt just waiting for the elevator. So even this was not an option for us during our stay. We are so disappointed.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Dear 846isisv,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your honesty as we look for reviews to provide insight and constructive feedback regarding our hotel’s service and amenities to better our guest experience. We addressed the opportunities for improvement you detailed and welcome any additional comments or suggestions you’d like to share. If you return to our area, we hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our typically outstanding hospitality.