“Wonderful Experience/Caring Staff/Great Rooms”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a great hotel. Our family was going through a hard time due to our daughter being in the hospital in Critical condition. We lived 9 hrs away. They went over and above the call of duty to help us in any way. All the staff was terrific. The breakfast was very good and they even have dinner M-Thurs. It was a life saver coming back from an exhausing day at the hospital. The rooms were clean and you could not here the room next to you. You get popcorn for your microwave every day. Just can't say enough about what a wonderful place it was.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here with us. Our entire staff truly cares for our guests. We strive to be your home away from home, especially in difficult times. I am so glad we were here for you to help during your time of need. Thank you again for letting others know.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I agree with others who had a terrible experience.
Do not stay here!
This hotel is clearly struggling and the Manager Becka Slaton looks for ways to charge you money unfairly. Hotels are in the "hospitality business" yet the staff here seems to think they are in the business of antagonizing patrons. I was badgered into providing a credit card to hold a reservation, then when my plans changed, I was informed I was one hour too late to cancel my reservation (4pm) and charged for a room I was not allowed to use. I'm a Hilton Diamond member which is their top tier of patrons, and actually stayed at a different Hilton property that same night. None of this changed the fact that this petty staff was more interested in taking my money for nothing in return. If you enjoy being treated like dirt and talked down to like a child, then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank whocooksforyoudog

Thank you for your input. We value every guest, and I invite you to contact me personally to discuss your review.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This Homewood Suites is away from downtown Columbia but convenient to downtown. Quiet with no highway noise. Friendly staff and handicapped accessible room was suitably equipped to make it easy to get around in. The bed was very comfortable. This hotel is 10 years old but looks relatively new. The selection at breakfast was okay but not spectacular. Interestingly the sausage gravy looked great but no biscuits. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator and equipped well. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our Homewood Suites by Hilton. We are pleased to hear your stay was most pleasant. We take pride in keeping our hotel fresh and modern, and taking care of our guests is our number one priority. We look forward to your next visit here with us!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

the room was clean and staff friendly. couldnt get wifi in rooms even with staff help. food was horrible. ran out of juice every morning, no where to sit and eat, eggs dry(all food dry). no fruit or healthy choices available. For the price we could have stayed @ embassy suites greystone. chose this hotel because we thought it was more family suited. not true, they cater to businesses. had to keep on kids to be quiet because their were business meetings at all times(even in eating area which left no tables to sit and eat. the pool was unkept, same towel in chair for two days and jacuzzi was dirty,

1  Thank 557Dawns

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay with us. It is important to us that our guests have an enjoyable stay and apologize for the issues you had with our free wifi internet service and breakfast. I can assure you that we want all guests to receive true value when staying here. I appreciate you alerting us to these issues so it can be addressed. I invite you to contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to Columbia for a second chance to show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Many thanks and appreciation goes to Mr. Howard French for his excellent customer service and "welcoming manner". He is so nice and his attitude is VERY pleasant. He is the reason for anyone to want to come back. When I was going outside, Mr. French asked me if I was satisfied and if everything was okay with the room. That really meant alot to me. I can say that I am well-pleased with my visit and I will be back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am so pleased to hear yet again that Howard Ffrench has wowed our guests! Customer service is our priority because we know you have a choice when staying in Columbia. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you here.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was surprised at the accommodations for the price we paid! There is a full kitchen--full-size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and glassware in the cupboards. Then a regular tv room/small living room. Very modern decor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

We really appreciate your taking the time to submit a review. For about the same price as a plain hotel room, you do get a fully equipped suite at Homewood Suites by Hilton of Columbia, SC. Plus, the dinner and drinks Monday - Thursday, and the full hot breakfast buffet daily is a real money saver when you are traveling. We value you as our customer, and look forward to your next visit here with us.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was a little worried about staying here based on some of the reviews but when I walked in the door I saw a sign that said they would make sure the experience was great. Boy did they. The indoor pool was actually a great temp and it was really cold out. The heater for the water did cut off at some point but John went out of his way to get it turned back on and kept checking til it was right. It didn't take long. The staff was smiling and kind. You cant beat the price for a week day dinner, breakfast, workout room, indoor pool and hottub not to mention nice rooms. Just an FYI to trip advisor, Hilton is misspelled on this hotel so it was hard to find to write a review. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We certainly appreciate your feedback. We do strive to provide the best customer service, and I am delighted you found our staff exceeding your expectations. Our hotel provides so many complimentary amenities that are a real money saver for our guest-dinner and drinks Monday - Thursday, full hot breakfast buffet daily, and suites with all the comforts of home. I also had the title corrected, and I thank you for that! We invite you to stay with us again the next time your plans bring you to Columbia, SC!