“Hats Off to Mr. Howard French!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #12 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Summerville, SC
“Hats Off to Mr. Howard French!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Many thanks and appreciation goes to Mr. Howard French for his excellent customer service and "welcoming manner". He is so nice and his attitude is VERY pleasant. He is the reason for anyone to want to come back. When I was going outside, Mr. French asked me if I was satisfied and if everything was okay with the room. That really meant alot to me. I can say that I am well-pleased with my visit and I will be back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am so pleased to hear yet again that Howard Ffrench has wowed our guests! Customer service is our priority because we know you have a choice when staying in Columbia. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
North Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was surprised at the accommodations for the price we paid! There is a full kitchen--full-size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and glassware in the cupboards. Then a regular tv room/small living room. Very modern decor.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate your taking the time to submit a review. For about the same price as a plain hotel room, you do get a fully equipped suite at Homewood Suites by Hilton of Columbia, SC. Plus, the dinner and drinks Monday - Thursday, and the full hot breakfast buffet daily is a real money saver when you are traveling. We value you as our customer, and look forward to your next visit here with us.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was a little worried about staying here based on some of the reviews but when I walked in the door I saw a sign that said they would make sure the experience was great. Boy did they. The indoor pool was actually a great temp and it was really cold out. The heater for the water did cut off at some point but John went out of his way to get it turned back on and kept checking til it was right. It didn't take long. The staff was smiling and kind. You cant beat the price for a week day dinner, breakfast, workout room, indoor pool and hottub not to mention nice rooms. Just an FYI to trip advisor, Hilton is misspelled on this hotel so it was hard to find to write a review. Thanks!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We certainly appreciate your feedback. We do strive to provide the best customer service, and I am delighted you found our staff exceeding your expectations. Our hotel provides so many complimentary amenities that are a real money saver for our guest-dinner and drinks Monday - Thursday, full hot breakfast buffet daily, and suites with all the comforts of home. I also had the title corrected, and I thank you for that! We invite you to stay with us again the next time your plans bring you to Columbia, SC!
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were late getting to the hotel and kayla stayed and made us plates! We had been on the road 15 hours and she was a life saver! Everyone at this hotel is great but kayla went above and beyond! She has a great personality and a beautiful smile that is non stop. I offered her a job but she told me she love her job and her coworkers! I will always choose this homewood suites and I will
Tell all my friends and coworkers to visit this hotel when they come to columbia! Thanks kayla for making us feel at home!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment for Kayla. I will make sure she sees your review. Customer service is our number one priority, and we certainy thank you for sharing your experience with others. We also truly appreciate your referrals, and promise to work hard to keep your trust in us.
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hello Everyone,

I had the most beautiful customer service experience at homewood suites on Greystone Blvd, Columbia SC for the second consecutive time. These guys are the best!!!. Mr. Howard French provided exemplary front desk service during my visit from taking the phone reservation to checking me in. I wanted to ask him did he ever go home he seems to always be there. I was fortunate enough to have to request help with wifi which afforded me the pleasure of meeting sales manager Kimberly Hodge who demonstrated a high level of professionalism and down to earthness that really made me feel welcomed. Housekeeping did an outstanding job of maintaining my room and providing every convenience available. Marsha was extremely nice, professional, and punctual with all housekeeping needs. This experience was not a fluke I had the same great experience 1 year ago at this location.

Sincerley,

Fredric S. Evans
Impressed guest

Room Tip: If you like the warmth of the morning side request a room on the front side. If you prefer a cooler...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you, Mr. Evans, for your review! I will make sure Howard, Kimberly, Marsha, and the rest of the staff sees your remarks. Because the entire team strives to be the best, they will certainly appreciate your compliments. I am so pleased to know we are exceeding your expectations in cleanliness and customer service. We recognize you have a choice, and we appreciate you choosing us! We look forward to your next visit here with us.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is convienty located in the same exit as the riverbanks zoo. On the same exit there are properties by Mariott and an embassy suites by Hilton .

Room was a king suite. With a small but fully functional kitchen . Full size refrigerator . Flat screen tv . Pull out sofa and arm chair.

Had a separate desk and chair for work.

Separate table and chair for dining as well.
Sink for bathroom was separate from toilet and shower . Parking was limited but the hotel is accessible from another entrance at the end of the hotel where the other parking lot is located .

Hotel is located far enough off the highway to not have road noise

The only minor issue I had was when someone's alarm on their car went off at 4:45 . I could hear it from my room .

I was on the 4th floor nearest the parking lot.

For dining , just like all homewood suites try provide a meal at night and in the morning .

Nothing fancy but it will get the job done - eggs, meat, potatoes , waffles , cereal, etc

A few restaurants with 5 minutes drive of the hotel- Applebee's and fast food joints . Also their is a grocery store in case you wanted to cook in the room.

Convienty located near two major highways

Roughly $150 per night including local and state taxes .

I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience here with us! As a Homewood Suites, all of our suites feature a fully equipped kitchen with a full size fridge, microwave, two burner cook top and dishware. We also offer a complimentary grocery shopping service for your convenience as well. A full hot breakfast buffet is served daily, as well as dinner and drinks Monday - Thursdays complimentary with your stay. We are just off I-126, 1.5 miles from I-20, and only 10 minutes from I-77. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and look forward to your next visit with us.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The lady serving breakfast was so nice and helpful. Food was good too. Clean, quiet, and comfortable room. Well-kept, warm indoor pool and hot tub that we used each day. Location is convenient to the zoo, and less than 5 minute drive to downtown. No complaints here.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. Because we feature an indoor pool and whirlpool, our guests can enjoy these amenities no matter what the weather. Customer service is our number one priority, and thank you for mentioning our staff as well. We strive to be the best! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Columbia.