“Just like home!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is my fourth stay at the Homewood Suites in Columbia. Howard at the front desk is a true professional, and always greets me with a smile and check in was a breeze. Meals were good, and the rooms always are clean. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area. Although the rooms were clean. There are some deep cleaning items that need attention.. such as the celing fan and some minor cosmetic issues (doors need cleaned and or touched up with paint) the room has been updated with new carpet and paint. But the key items were spotless as always.

• Stayed: December 2012
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us a fourth time! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear our staff, especially Howard, made your visit memorable. We are completing our rooms refresh, and painting the doors and other items are on our agenda to be completed soon. Thank you, too, for letting me know about the ceiling fans. This is an item that is scheduled to be cleaned weekly, and I will follow up with my staff. We certainly look forward to your next visit with us, and thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed to go to the zoo everybody their from check in and breakfast really impressed us Our room had a kitchen and a dvd player. We really loved the big rooms and friendly people. Would definitely come back

• Stayed: November 2012
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Our staff's focus is customer service because we do know you have a choice when selecting a hotel. As an upscale extended stay hotel, all of our suites feature a fully equipped kitchen, with plenty of space to stretch out and relax. Our guests do enjoy our full, hot breakfast buffet not only as a money saver, but a time saver as well. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the area!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first visit to the Homewood suites, I usually stop downtown at the HAMPTON Inn which was full due to a gamecocks game.

This was a great hotel stayed for 5 nights, suite was a real suite with Kitchen area, lounge area office desk and seperate bathroom, all in all a spacious area.
The bed was very comfortable and sleep quality good due to the quiet location.
A free mangers dinner most evenings was very welcome along with a good hearty breakfast.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities, pool and Spa were great, very welcome at the end of a long day.
The hotel is right next to the Riverbanks zoo which is great for kids and also good fun if you have an afternoon to kill.
Right on th eInterstae exit its easy to get down town and takes only a few minutes.
This will be my preferred choice in the future.
Pricing was very reasonable too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased you have found your home away from home! We strive to take excellent care of our gusts, and appreciate your feedback. We will certainly work hard to keep your trust in us.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed two nights at Homewood Suites for a recent business trip. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room - large suite with a full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom and bathroom. I don't know when the hotel was built, but it felt new. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. They had a breakfast every morning and even dinner on several evenings (I didn't have the opportunity to sample the dinner). The only downside was there was not airport shuttle. The cab from the airport was about $25 with tip. Note: if you plan to walk anywhere from the hotel, there aren't any sidewalks, so you're better off driving/taking a cab. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

I am pleased you found our suites to be so comfortable! It is our number one goal to provide high quality accommodations, friendly, efficient service and clean comfortable surroundings. I appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience here.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have stayed with the Homewood chain many times while on business, so I look for a Homewood for overnight stays even if it is a little out of my way. I stop at the Homewood in Columbia on my way south on I-77. If you don't know Homewood, you basically have a small apartment with a full kitchen for the night. And a hot breakfast buffet is provided in the morning. The room and bath was clean and neat. Check-in was fine; luggage carts are at the automatic doors (Why don't all hotels have automatic doors?). The neighborhood is primarily car dealerships. The front desk staff can direct you to any restaurants you might need. I have stayed at this hotel for many years and the standard is maintained every visit I make there. The management and staff are to be commended.

Room Tip: I use a handicapped room and the staff has always been very attentive to my needs in this area. The...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FEDRoadWarrior

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! Consistency in the quality of your stay is very important to us. Every day we strive to be the best. I agree with you about automatic doors! We do appreciate your business, and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Columbia, SC. I decided to stay at this hotel due to its affordable price and its location. The hotel is just a few minutes away from I-26, the zoo and about five minutes away from downtown Columbia. There are a lot of positives to this hotel, the first being the staff. Everyone was very friendly. I had to ask for a duplicate key to my room and the gentleman at the front desk made sure to ask to see my I.D. before issuing the additional card. This was wonderful because I have stayed in many a place where I've had to get an additional key or a re-key and the person at the desk activated it with no I.D. This made me feel safe and safety is important when you are traveling as single women.

The hotel has a hot breakfast and although it varies day by day, it is a real hot breakfast and the only thing you have to cook yourself is a waffle, but the waffle iron is very easy to use.

The room was great. We had a full kitchen with a standard sized fridge/freezer, a full sized microwave, coffee maker, toaster, two-burner stove and sink. There was a separate living room, bedroom with two queen beds and a nice sized bathroom. My only complaint is that it was difficult to have two people at the bathroom at the same time. But we were in a handicapped accessible room, so other rooms may be different. But the room itself was very clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room had high ceilings, and although it was 100 degrees throughout the weekend, the air conditioning kept the room comfortable.

The only con that I can think of is that the hotel is not near any restaurants. Now this may not be a big deal because they have a managers reception from Monday - Thursday, but if you aren't staying during those days then you have to fend for yourself.

Overall it was a great stay and I will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blackwidowinsc

Thank you for your review. All of our staff have been trained in security measures to ensure our guests are safe. I so pleased to know you enjoyed our suites and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to hosting you again, and thank you for taking the time to share with others about our hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel staff made us feel very welcomed. The room was very updated, clean, and attractive. The complimentary breakfast staff and the manager's reception staff were very courteous and attentive. The breakfast had lots of options and my entire family of four was satisfied. In addition, the manager's reception included a full dinner!!! They had complimentary meatloaf, rolls, corn, potatoes, and salad. In addition, they served complimentary wine! They checked on us as soon as we finished our meal, and immediately picked up our dishes. They also refilled drinks. In addition, they made sure that there was always food available. It was like being in an all-inclusive hotel. The staff members and the amenities were absolutely WONDERFUL. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am pleased our food and beverage staff took excellent care of you and your family. Most people are surprised to find out we provide dinner and drinks four nights a week in addition to breakfast every day. Thank you again for your time, and we hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Columbia SC.