“Good food, decent service”
Review of Burger Tavern 77

Burger Tavern 77
Ranked #59 of 1,030 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We visited after a trip to the Riverbanks Zoo. Food was fresh and served promptly, although it took a little while to get drink refills. The Pub Pretzels were just the right size for the 4 of us to split, as an appetizer. They were hot and served with a good cheese dip. The double pepper chicken was great, I recommend the onion bun, but our daughter's wheat bun looked good too. You also have the option to have any 'burger' fixed with chicken. The Charleston and the Tahoe also received a thumbs up at our table.

If we were back in town, we would return. Overall grade, B+

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The Build Your Own burger for $10 with a side was really delicious. The bbq sauce option was great and so were the caramelized onions. However, a restaurant is more than just food. It is service (which was inattentive and slow). It is cleanliness (which was barely average) and it's atmosphere ( which on the night we went was Bingo). There was no way to escape the numbers announcer. Why not seat non-players exclusively inside or out? You couldn't even hear what your table companions were saying. We waited and waited. We ate. We left. The food is worth another try to give them another chance but improve the service, please.

1  Thank offtheclock
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family and I, (party of 12) came here after my sons graduation as a highway patrol.
I am not very familiar with the Columbia area but this place is well worth the drive.
The waiter was excellent and efficient. Hands down the best
Bbq chicken nachos and cheese sticks i have ever had.
The build your own burger was awesome and prepared perfectly.
I will definitely visit again when im in the area.
I wish we had a burger tavern 77 in Greenville☺

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We came here for a casual lunch before heading to the zoo. The weather was great, so we sat under the awning. Great burgers.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was told the burgers should be really good here, the beef was way to black for me, simply had to much time on the grill. Even I ordered medium, I did not ask for one black patty beef.
Else I loved sitting out side in the sun and enjoy the burger and the company.
The service was great!