“Great burgers!”

Dining options: Late Night
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places in Columbia for burgers. The pub77 burger is my favorite and I love the create your own option. Got to go on Thursdays when they have happy hour all night!

Lubbock, Texas
“Gourmet Burgers and More!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

For my money I prefer Burger Tavern 77 to Pawley's Front Porch (which in my opinion mine isn't anything special). Burger Tavern 77 has a simple menu composed of what I would call "Gourmet Burgers", meaning lot's of fancy combinations of different cheeses, sauces, guacamole, etc. But you can also choose to custom build your burger exactly as you want it, including substituting a turkey burger or chicken breast with your choice of quality ingredients. They also have great salads, shakes, a hearty chili and appetizers. The Capital City Combo is a huge platter of chicken tenders, cheese sticks, onion rings, chips and salsa, and pretzels served with a trio of dipping sauces. In addition to great food, they also have a good selection of beers. The only thing I've had I didn't like was the crab cake - didn't come close to Baltimore standards. If your curious check out their specials and menu at http://burgertavern77.com/

• Visited January 2013
PHRoberts
“Excellent burger and fries! Decent beer selection - we'll be back!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have no idea who's behind Burger Tavern 77, but they have a pair of brass ones to open up another gourmet burger place within a mile of Pawley's Front Porch! That said, this place backs it up with a delicious burger and fries that I'd put against any burger I've had! I tried "The Memphis" burger, and my wife had "The Bleu" cheese. The Memphis is a Bacon Cheddar burger with BBQ sauce and onion strings, The Bleu Cheese came with grilled onions, bacon bits, and (of course) bleu cheese. Both were excellent.

As mentioned in some of the other reviews, medium tends to be what I'd think of as medium rare, and my wife's medium well had a good bit of pink in the middle of the burger, so order accordingly. I'm happy to say we now have two "go to" places in town for gourmet burgers!

Our wait was about 20 minutes on a relatively busy Friday evening and the service was very friendly and efficient.

• Visited February 2013
Rocklin, California
“Very comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Waiters are so friendly and helpful. Food was amazing and plentiful. Happy hour drinks are massive!!

Visited January 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Good burgers!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Good upscale burger restaurant. The burgers are good. They even have a couple of options for vegetarians -- a black bean burger and a crab cake burger if you eat crab. Both are good. Order the Jo Jo fries, they are good and you get more than enough to eat. Do not order the onion rings, they are too heavily breaded and you get 8.

There is a good beer selection; not so good wine selection. But, hey, it's a burger place. Burgers are better with beer.