“Yummy shrimp and grits”
Review of Cola's Restaurant

Cola's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cola's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lady Street
Transit: There is a bus station 50 feet from Cola"s front door.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently spent a Monday night in downtown Columbia. Walked around looking at restaurants and chose Cola's. We were seated in a big, comfy booth and waited on promptly. I was really impressed with the shrimp and grits, which had a tasso ham gravy (cream sauce) topped with fried thin strips of leeks. My husband had the lamb burger, which was served with a yogurt sauce on the side with fresh cucumber slices alongside the tomato, lettuce, and onion toppings. There are many wines available by the glass that are reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been to Cola's several times since it opened. Each time, my husband and I have received excellent service and wonderful food. I usually order the filet mignon, and it is consistently perfection. Last week, I tried the grilled salmon, and it was heavenly! Cola's features a side of polenta fries that is one of the best things I have eaten!

I really enjoy dining here because of the staff. When I call for reservations, I am not left on eternal hold. We are always greeted by smiling faces at the door, asked if we have a preference for seating, and met within minutes at our table by our server. I have gluten sensitivity, and the servers have been very good about communicating any allergens that might cause a problem. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience and highly recommend this restaurant. :-)

1  Thank trishsc
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We walked in, the two little hostesses have us a look of "are you lost?", they sat us somewhat quickly, after a while the waitress got to us (not busy at all), she took our order, brought us food and refilled our drinks once be cause we asked, she never checked on us or anything. Management seemed good, walked around a lot but never stopped to check on guests (acted more like personal security than a restaurant manager). The price was good for the food but extremely high for the poor service.

We'll give it another try!!

1  Thank Footballertr7
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nice restaurant. I liked the service. Food was ok. Menu is a bit too upscale for the atmosphere. Not bad.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our party of 11 had a wonderful dinner here. We enjoyed al fresco dining at tables near the open windows! Service was top-notch, and food was unique, flavorful, with excellent presentation. I had the crab cakes with tomato vinaigrette. Husband enjoyed the trout served over shrimp with potatoes and bacon. We were served quickly and it was a perfect evening for a special occasion. I would highly recommend Colas.

1  Thank Greer_SCTraveler