“What a SURPRISE!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cola's Restaurant

Cola's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cola's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 961 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lady Street
Transit: There is a bus station 50 feet from Cola"s front door.
Manning, SC
“What a SURPRISE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had never heard of Cola's - it was suggested by a friend.
This may just become our favorite restaurant in downtown Columbia!
The menu is quite comprehensive. My fiance had the Tilapia with creamy grits (she said the best grits she's ever had) and spinach. I had penne pasta with lamb meatballs.
I won't say any more but just try it - I doubt that you'll be dissappointed.
Great drinks, by the way.

• Visited February 2013

Columbia SC
“Really Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Enjoyed my first visit to Cola's. Decor is really comfy and the building has been nicely redone while still retaining the charm of an older landmark. Service was excellent. I had the oyster chowder which was wonderful (could have used a few more oysters - I think I had 2 small ones) and the pan-seared tilapia, also excellent. Portions were on the small side for the price, however. The waiter suggested the Brownie with coffee ice cream for dessert; I found the flavor of the coffee ice cream to be very overpowering. Two complaints: The open, high-ceilinged decor makes this place very LOUD. It was difficult at times to converse with my dinner companion. Also, the lighting was so low that I could not read the menu well, and could not read my receipt AT ALL. (And this was WITH my reading glasses!) Overall, though, a very good experience, and, while a bit on the pricier side, dishes are very well prepared. I'll go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
south carolina
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Cola's. The ambience is informal, somewhat noisy, but good. The seafood chowder was good, but not spicey at all. I had the trout which was excellent, as did my wife. Her salad was quite good. The wine list was varied & certainly adequate. The service was "good", not outstanding. All in all, I would rate this "4" out of "5". It's good, not great, but we'll come back, but there are many other better restaurants that we enjoy more.

Lexington, South Carolina
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at Cola's on Saturday night and it was absolutely delicious. We shared two entrees and I can't even say which one was better than the other because each was uniquely delicious. One entree was short ribs with creamy grits and asparagus and the other was tilapia with shrimp. Both were cooked perfectly and the sauces were amazing. Service and drinks were good as well. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Food was good, service and drinks were below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner with another couple tonight. My wife had the crispy flounder and was happy but stated it was not excellent. I had the lamb burger which was recommended and was ok. We had a drink at the bar before dinner and the bartender came with a attitude and it was very weak. When we asked he stated we could pay for a double.

There are many other better places in Columbia. This is part of the Garbaldi's group. They do not even come close to the service and food. Try someone else first.