“Great Place”
Review of Cola's Restaurant

Cola's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cola's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lady Street
Transit: There is a bus station 50 feet from Cola"s front door.
Columbia, SC
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I recently had dinner at Cola's in Columbia, SC. The food was incredible, the service impeccable and the atmosphere relaxing. I will be returning and recommending this restaurant to many others!

Columbia, Sc
“Cake Fee”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

While Cola's food is excellent and the service and facility are great, I was very disappointed when I celebrated a friend's birthday with a group of friends a few days ago. At the end of the meal my friend pulled out a wonderful box of cupcakes. When we asked the server for plates she informed us there would be a $25 cake fee. The manager confirmed this. What is worse is that the server told us that a family was celebrating their son/husband/father's return from Iraq and were told the same thing when the family brought out a welcome home cake. They, according to the server, ended up eating it in the parking lot. Very bad decision on Cola's part. Have a hard time wanting to return knowing that.

• Visited July 2012
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Another in a growing trend of good places to eat in Columbia...”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very good meal and service.

I trusted the server to bring me wine for each course (as I usually do) and she did not disappoint.

We shared a crispy sesame asparagus, Hummus trio, and applewood smoked bacon wrapped polenta. Some of my tablemates ordered the lobster mac and cheese as a side. The asparagus and Polenta were fantastic! The asparagus is more of a batter infused with sesame seeds that encrusted which makes for a crisp and sesame-y experience and the sauce is drinkable. The polenta just a great combo of flavors.

The hummus was good but sort of nothing new under the sun--as hummus quite frankly can be. Not something I would have ordered but I was outvoted. The lobster mac and cheese was the only moderate disappointment. It wasn't bad, but when you go with lobster mac and cheese you are establishing a certain level of expectation and this was just not as intensely lobster flavored or silky smooth as I wanted.

For my entree I had the short rib which is something of an odd menu item in July but I definitely ordered better than everyone else at the table. We all tried each other's entrees and they were all great and well-executed, but we all concurred that the Short rib was the best. The glazed carrots were a nice sweet contrast to the peppercorn sauce and the inclusion of grits as the starch was reminiscent of "Grillades and Grits." The best part about the sauce was that it was not an emulsified red wine peppercorn deal so it was not spicy through-and-through but rather every few bites you'd get a briny, spicy green peppercorn that would subtly alter that mouthful.

Very good...