“Very very good”

Lamb's Bread Vegan Cafe
Ranked #46 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: This is located in downtown Columbia. It's good and I would like to review it here.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went around 3 in the afternoon, so it was in between meals. They were very friendly, ask if it was our first time, gave us a sample and told us about the menu. We sat down and they brought our drinks and food. I ordered a strawberry limeade and a side of Mac and Cheese. The strawberry limeade was so fresh and yummy and I loved the creamy softness of the Mac and Cheese, I could go for seconds!. My husband ordered the small plate of BBQ with potatoes, Mac and cheese and rice. He loved the BBQ and the Mac and Cheese. The potatoes were ok, a little cold.

The restaurant was clean and simple with an African theme.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

If you are not Vegan, you will love Lamb's Bread (Vegan) Café! I have eaten there 4 times while being in Columbia and each time I have left wanting more...the greens, okra, chick peas, barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese (not real cheese folks),teriyaki beef ,field peas, and red skinned potatoes, kale, cabbage are off the chain. It would be well worth your while to dine in or take out one of Folani's dinners. I love the flavor, the seasoning, the taste and presentation of the food. You can taste the love. Prices are good too!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Best meal we have had in a long time and that everything is vegan makes it such a refreshing “safe” treat. The owner let us sample the Broccoli & “beef” and Kung Pao “chicken”-what a hard decision-they were both wonderful!!!! Served on brown rice and we had the collard greens, the purple cabbage and mac and “cheese” and the sides were all super!! Nice portions, clean restaurant, quick service. Not an extensive menu but that is ok because I would rather them focus on good over variety. We live 90 minutes away and decided it is so good we will be driving there monthly-it is that good.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great home cooking, Southern style, but meatless! I had the lunch plate, which was BBQ "chicken" (a soy/wheat product) which came with brown rice and a choice of 2 sides. I chose kale and blackeyed peas (and also snitched a seasoned potato off my lunchmate's plate). Everything was very well-flavored. Even our "meat 'n potatoes" colleague was happy with his food.
I agree that the decor can be described as African -- lots of cool masks and other artworks. Looks like they have live music there in the evenings.

1  Thank Elizabeth Z
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Almost everything on their menus is delicious! I have had almost everything on their menu, and I enjoyed every bite of it. I have brought friends out there who aren't vegan and they really enjoyed the food as well!

1  Thank Isobelle B