“Yummy Southern vegan food”

Lamb's Bread Vegan Cafe
Ranked #54 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: This is located in downtown Columbia. It's good and I would like to review it here.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great home cooking, Southern style, but meatless! I had the lunch plate, which was BBQ "chicken" (a soy/wheat product) which came with brown rice and a choice of 2 sides. I chose kale and blackeyed peas (and also snitched a seasoned potato off my lunchmate's plate). Everything was very well-flavored. Even our "meat 'n potatoes" colleague was happy with his food.
I agree that the decor can be described as African -- lots of cool masks and other artworks. Looks like they have live music there in the evenings.

1  Thank Elizabeth Z
There are newer reviews for Lamb's Bread Vegan Cafe

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Almost everything on their menus is delicious! I have had almost everything on their menu, and I enjoyed every bite of it. I have brought friends out there who aren't vegan and they really enjoyed the food as well!

1  Thank Isobelle B
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Lamb's Bread. First time I had the faux BBQ ribs with steamed kale. They were excellent and I felt very full. The decor is definitely different, but sort of fun. This latest visit I had the BLT sandwich. I am not sure I would recommend it again, did not hate it, but for the money would probably do the ribs again. I got the macaroni and cheese for my side with the BLT. The mac-n-cheese was delicious. It definitely tasted like a sinful comfort food. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank WicketSC
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were driving from Savannah back to Charleston and were hungry, so we did a search on Yelp for vegan food and drove out of the way to go here. It was worth going out of the way for.

It is described in Trip Advisor as Caribbean. I was thinking it was African. One of the things I really enjoyed was the decor. It seemed like more space was devoted to decor than to tables and it was fun to walk around and enjoy it while we waited for our food (you order at a window and then they bring the food to your table). There are various weavings, like baskets and wall ornaments, carved animals, like giraffes, and a wall full of masks. Very fun.

My wife got a nice kale salad and I got a combination plate with various types of vegetables: red cabbage, collared greens, macaroni salad, squash and sweet potatoes with raisins and lima beans (the beans were a little hard). It was good and good for you. We ordered a couple of vegan cupcakes for dessert: cookies and cream and chocolate with walnut. Both were good.

If you're vegan, or even if not and just want some good for you food, this is a great stop.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I went to Lamb's Bread and ordered a sampler--the owner found out I had never been there before and insisted on giving me a helping of just about everything on the menu that day! I walked out with two large styrofoam containers filled with AMAZING food for about $13! I would definitely recommend this place--it is worth finding, the food is delicious.

2  Thank AnneCody