“Good food in a not so nice area”
Review of Jasmine Buffet

Jasmine Buffet
Ranked #177 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Good food, but do not leave anything out in your vehicle, lock it in your trunk. signs on door stating they are not responsible for anything stole... sad. Wait staff very helpful and nice, quick to get your seat and drink. lots of choices on the food, also have a fresh seafood section. I've had the chance to try things I would not have ordered otherwise.

2  Thank localfamily2
There are newer reviews for Jasmine Buffet

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have eaten here several times in the past year and initially loved it; however, today I bit into a piece of cake off the dessert table and it was so disgusting. After inspecting the other side of the cake, I noticed that it was mold on it. As I was trying to rid my mouth of the extremely nasty taste, the waitress came over and asked me if everything was OK. I told her that there was mold on my cake and she looked at it and immediately told me that it must be some cream. She then took a spoon that was on the table and touched the cake which immediately covered the spot where the mold was. I told her that it is fur and not cream and that I had bitten into a piece and could taste the mold. She went to the manager and came back to tell me that it was fresh cake that was just put out...she left my table to go get my ticket so I could pay.

Feeling irritated and ready to go, I reluctantly paid and was in a hurry to get out of there but the manager came over to talk about the cake. He went on about the cake was fresh and that it was not mold. I told him that it was and that I've had that cake several times and even if I hadn't, it should not taste like mold or have fur on it. I proceeded to leave and he asked me to give him my number and name so he could give me a discount when I come back. Really? Like I'm ever coming back. I assume he told all his staff because as me and my co worker were leaving, all the staff were staring at us like we had done something wrong. Honestly, the only thing I did wrong was decide to eat there for lunch today. I have scratched them off the list of places to patronize. Fur on the cake is bad enough, but to be treated like I was wrong for not accepting the "non apologetic" attitude is absurd!!!

1  Thank bakeme
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Worth a visit as a "treat." I thought the price was a bit high for the product. The variety was quite good and the hibachi was an exception to the Columbia norm. Specific items I thought were clearly worth trying were: won-ton soup, desert donuts, and fried fish.

Our service seemed a bit slow and not attentive.

1  Thank Tarheel1967
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family eats at this buffet at least once a month. There is rarely a long wait as the staff keeps the place bussed, drink orders are delivered before you sit back down and glasses are kept full. Bring cash to tip the hibachi & sushi chef's. The hibachi is a favorite of my youngest son, the cook talks to him every visit and knows his name. The sushi bar is my husband's favorite, he talks with the sushi chef every visit and the gentleman is kind and his sushi rolls are as good if not better than an expensive sushi bar. And, while I read another review they charge; they do not charge extra for sushi if you are eating in. The buffet does have plenty of chicken variety's, no sesame chicken though my only complaint. Plenty of seafood available, some steak dishes and a good cold bar selection.

2  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went between lunch and dinner, around 2ish after I picked sister up from airport. She wanted some Chinese.Japanese food so I took her to Jasmine. I like when you pick out your items and they cook on the grill. They didn't have a lot to choose from and on the buffet was a lot of chicken and no ribs that day. The egg drop soup was good. I only got a few items from the buffet, mostly fruits and salad. I went previously earlier in the year with my church usher board for birthday celebrations and the food was much better. Maybe because it was on a Sunday.

1  Thank Diana F