“Authentic Korean BBQ”

Heroes Korean Steak HSE & Sushi
Ranked #288 of 1,110 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

What an amazing find in SC. For the first time I have had Korean traditional BBQ on a fire of real coals vs gas to cook your meat. Meant you had to wait for the perfect BBQ coals, but well worth the wait. It was absolutely delicious I would also highly recommend the chicken fried rice, it was so delicious we had a second order.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is fantastic.
Very friendly staff that shows they care and asks you if you are enjoying your food.
It takes a while to order because they seemed to have limited help the day we were there for lunch but we didn't mind and had plenty of time.
Unique "lunch box" meals. The food was full of great flavors and served in a wooden box compartmentilizing each item. Presentation was spot on. All the food we had was really well balanced,authentic and tasty. Highly recommend this place.
But if you are short on time I would ask how long it takes to get your food.
They served several little side dishes too all unique but tasty.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

This Korean BBQ restaurant is THEE BEST!!!! It’s not always crowded I think because not many people know about it. I’ve brought my family here twice and the staff I think is family owned are always attentive! And I love supporting local family owned businesses, If it’s great we keep coming back if they don’t try and earn repeat business we don’t came back at all.The BBQ side of the house is awesome! The BBQ table can sit 6 but we like a little elbow room on ours so we sit 4. We order at least 3 meat platters and you think it’s not enough but you’ll be so stuffed you won’t be able to move. lol. The meat selection is minimal but is worth the money and your Korean side dishes and bowl of rice is included. I can’t say enough good things about Heroes. All the negative reviews are probably uptight. But if you just want a meal worth your money try it out and see for yourself. Thanks HERO!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

The Korean bar b que experience here was great. The food was delicious, the service was good, and we will definitely go back again. We cooked our own bulgogi and spicy pork and the portions were large. We also had stone bi bim bop that was wonderful as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

People calling this barely Korean are uptight people that barely know Korean food themselves. Service isn't always perfect. If you get the owner's wife you're in for a treat! She'll make sure your drinks are full, you always have extra banchan, toss your meat on the grill, and chat with you. I noticed over my visits that the place itself could use some touches, but overall the food is great and the service is good. Want to experience actual Korean barbecue? Stop here. Don't listen to the whiny reviewers. You'll kick yourself if you do

Date of visit: August 2017