“For the adventuresome”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“For the adventuresome”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We go to 5 points every couple of months. It is a laid back area for different type stores and walking around. It is heavily used by students, but what is wrong with that. You can find some interesting stores, there is a kitchen shop that has great little things not easily found.

I like to go when I feel like just exploring for a couple of hours. Places to eat are casual but there are several that are worth the visit. Mr. Friendly's is very good as is Pawley's Front Porch.

I am from New York and think that some of the comments about it being 'dangerous' are funny.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank magjek

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Mainly for USC students”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Lots of restaurants and bars and some shopping. This area mainly caters to USC students and they're everywhere so be prepared. Avoid this area after dark!!!!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Mommie34
Columbia, South Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“I like 5 points”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

While this is an area mainly populated by bars and university students, it also has it share of nice eateries and galleries. I like coming down there to eat and people watch. Parking can be difficult

Visited May 2013
2 Thank WEL29229
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great lil places to eat”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We enjoyed walking through the 5 Points area. There are great places to eat and shop. We disliked the parking meters, because we never have any loose coins.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MrMrsReid
Greenwood, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“College scene.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I spent one night in Five Points with my brothers and their girlfriends. We started early by going to eat in the area which was pretty good, then we went to several different bars. It's not really my scene but it's great for college students who live around the area. Every one I met, whether they worked in the area or partying too, they were all very nice people. I had one creeper, though. I would not go to Five Points alone nor would I go if it was my choice of where I would like to go for nightlife.

From other reviews, I can understand why stpattsgirl1982 said this place was dirty. My personal feelings, I didn't feel safe walking at night there. I would only go to make someone else happy if they chose Five Points.

Visited February 2013