“Good Accommodation in Columbia, S.C.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson
Ranked #7 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Hampton Inn was the best choice - good breakfast every morning and friendly staff. Quality of bed was excellent, bathroom and towels excellent quality and amenities. Shower was excellent. Furniture in room and decor very appropriate. Room was spacious, good lighting, clean fixtures, room was dark enough in the morning, television was good quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I have been traveling around the US for over twenty years and always stay at Hampton Inns when they are available, which is not very often. The condition of this Hampton Inn was disgraceful. The bathroom floors are large dark tiles and around the commodes there were stains of urine on the floors along with dirt and clumps of hair. We contacted the on duty manager and check three other rooms, we ended up taking the forth room and cleaned the floor ourselves. We had been on the road over 10 hours we were tired, so we stayed.
The manger explained that house keeping had gone home for the day so there was nobody available to clean the bathrooms. For newer hotel it was nasty!!
Security is also bad, we were parked in front and someone attempted to break into the back door, damaging the door. We were so discussed with the whole thing we just left.

PJ

Room Tip: Be sure to check the bathroom floors, especially around the commode and shower area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelprotector
HIS_ColumbiaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Greetings,

My name is John and I am the General Manager at this Hampton Inn & suites. I wanted to take a moment first to offer my sincerest apologies for your experience with us during your stay last september. I am a bit disturbed by your experience as this is definately not a standard. Even if our housekeeping staff was not on duty the team member at the Front desk should have offered to resolve the issue with the cleanliness right away. I will not offer any excuses for the lack of cleanliness or service that you received, but will only assure you that this will be addressed with the staff. In addition I noticed you mentioned that someone had attempted to break into your vehicle, this is definately a 1st occurance of its kind since our property opened in 2012. We do not have many problems in our area when it comes to crime and has proved to be a very safe area since we opened. My apologies that this happened.

Thank you for taking the time to submitt your experience as we welcome all feedback so we can use it to continue to improve our service and product. If you wish to further discuss the issues you experienced, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Once again I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for your experience.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel has clean rooms and bedding. It is quiet and offers breakfast but they use powdered eggs, have broken timers on their waffle makers and make the weakest coffee! Good place to sleep. Not so good place for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience while staying with us. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for your breakfast experience. I have looked into the issue you mentioned regarding the broken waffle timers and both units appear to be working properly. I am not sure what was going on unfortunately with the waffle makers on the day you stayed and I hope you will accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review of the hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I travel a lot for sports and business. We must let you know that we received the "WOW" this past stay at this particular Hampton Inn. We checked in on Thursday to discover that this hotel is offering a Manager's Reception, including appetizers from a local business. We each received two drink tickets to use for not only alcoholic beverages, but water or soft drinks as well. This hotel has by far the BEST breakfast offered in the STATE of SC. The decor in the rooms is just spot on and very clean. Love the large shower! My housekeeper even signed a personal note wishing us a nice stay. Amazing staff at the desk that thrives on assisting their guests. BTW, I called ahead and the GM answered the phone with such enthusiasm....I have never heard a GM with so much excitement. Congrats to the entire team at this hotel, they are SPOT ON! Kelly C.

Room Tip: Higher floor always quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

spacious rooms, great staff and clean. that means so much. even the landscaping was great, with a relaxing fire pit on the patio. so relaxing. easy access to interstates and USC was also a plus. many food and gas choices also surround the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. There were a couple of issues with the equipment, but once I brought it up, it was quickly remedied. This is a very nice affordable hotel with very respectful and accomodating employees. The breakfast is made fresh each morning and the rooms look and smell very fresh and inviting.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

As I said on last page... good ... great customer service. Staff is great, room are awesome, food is good. Always a good experience. No matter what state I go to, the quality of service is consistent. Thank you for your service. Ms. Williams

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family