“New property & good location - however”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson
Ranked #8 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We will try it again if we are in the area. The USA Today papers were all taken by 7:30 am. When I asked if they had another one behind the desk, I was told that they are going digital and maybe I could find a discarded one in the breakfast area. I do read USA Today on my iPad and enjoy it. However, every other Hampton that we have visited have had ample copies of the newspaper. Poor form and an even worse response. Not up to Hilton Honors standards.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and I apologize for the issue regarding the USA Today newspaper. The response you got was definitely not how we handle things here typically. While we are going green with the digital portal we still can and will be increasing the paper copies we have available as our occupancy continues to pick up. Please rest assured that I will address this issue with the team moving forward so you do not experience this issue moving forward. I want to thank you once again for your feedback and offer my sincerest apologies!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson

Reviewed April 2, 2013

For a brand new property, they really skimped making it comfortable for their clients. Yes, it is right next to the highway, but if they would have just used more insulation, we could have had a better sleep instead of the highway noise.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any quiet rooms!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiMi143

Good evening! My name is John and I am the General Manager of this hotel. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback and apologize for your experience. During construction we did add additional sound insulation however we were unable to overcome the noise due to the individual AC units that are used in the rooms. While we cannot change the way the building is built we often look for creative solutions to the problem as our guests satisfaction is very important to us. We will continue to find more creative and reasonable solutions to this issue. Thank you again for your time and feedback!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed and this brand new hotel on our way to Florida. Found it to be a very nice hotel. Interesting and modern decorations. Check-in was fast and friendly. Our room had a King size bed which was very comfortable. Room was very large, clean and quiet, although we were on the side of the hotel that doesn't back on to I77. This hotel is very close to the interstate, so rooms that back onto the interstate might be noisy - if you are a light sleeper you may want to request a room on the other side of the hotel. Breakfast was good and really enjoyed the very large breakfast area. While a lot of hotels scrimp on seating area for the breakfast, this hotel had a very large area and there was not problem finding a place to sit. Overall, enjoyed our stop and would stop here again.

Room Tip: If noise is a concern, ask for a room not facing I77 to be on the safe side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your time in posting feedback of the hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we continue to use this information to improve our services. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you returning to visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here overnight while driving through the state. Hotel was clean, new and breakfast was great. Front desk crew was good. Only complaint was there were a lot a new noise out in the parking lot. However the front desk apologized for the noise. Would stay here ag. ain

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tlk824Pa

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your time in posting your feedback. Our goal is 100% satisfaction for our guests and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We definitely look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Brand new hotel -located near several other hotels.. Our GPS found it a little confusing to find. We opted to stay in a suite and it was lovely. Clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet. Good internet access.

The young man on duty November 19 was not only professionally dressed - he was a professional - friendly, helpful, and had everything under control - a huge asset for any business. Unfortunately, I cannot recall his name - though I think it may have been Matt.

Breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: We like top floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am so very happy to see you enjoyed your stay. You are correct in naming the gentleman that assisted you and I am proud to say he was recently promoted to oversee our guest services department. I have shared your feedback with him and the rest of the team and I hope that you will return to us again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We selected this new Hampton Inn as our overnight stop point to Florida and overall, it turned out to be a good choice. The building is brand new, very stylish in its decor and the staff was friendly and helpful.

We had a standard king bed room which was a good size, it had a large flat screen TV and desk. The bathroom was large and had a very nice large shower. All the furnishings were new and the room was very clean.

Our only disappointment was that the air conditioner did not work and we didn't realize it until we returned from dinner. After having the front desk person come to our room, it was determined we would need to change rooms. We did and ended up in a disability equipped room, so we lost the large shower. The worst part was we were very tired, had to repack all of our things and move them down the hall to the new room. Not what we had planned especially after dinner and needing to get up very early the next day. All we wanted to do was relax and crash.

Aside from the air conditioner problem, our stay was good. We plan to stay here on our return trip, but will check the room before we unpack to make sure everything is in working order. Hopefully it will be a better experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Greetings! I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review! Our guest's feedback is one of our most important ways of determining how we are doing. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was a good one! However as a perfectionist I am always looking to make sure our guests had an exceptional stay and I know this could not have been acheived with the problem with your air conditioner. I would like to apologize for that inconvenience and ensure you that we have taken steps to prevent this from happening again in the future. The next time you come to the Columbia area please make sure to reach out to me if you decide to stay so I can ensure that your stay is as it should be, nothing less than exceptional.

thank you once again for posting a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I checked in for my stay Monday. I always request bottom floor, smoke free, and away from elevator. They have no bottom floor rooms which I understand, clerk noted that, but ignored my request to be away from elevator, I even have it listed on my profile with Hilton Honors. That profile means nothing at this location. Anyway I check in, go to my room, located directly behind the elevator. I have to carry my luggage back down to the front desk to change rooms. I asked if he even read my profile, I was given no answer to that. After getting settled into the room, I see hairs in the bathroom, not good. The rooms are very small to be a new hotel. They gave me a room facing the interstae and I felt like the window was up. Very noisey, hearing all the traffic go by. The rooms are not well insulated at all and your hear everything, next room, people talking in the hallway. Not Good.
Breakfast was ok. No Grits, cereal is out in some container, not germ proof. Every restaurant within a two mile radius is fast food, location is not in safe area of town, just not happy with this place. getting out of here between 5 and 7 PM is bad the traffice on the main road is very heavy and no traffic light. Sit there for 15 minutes trying to cross the highway. Overall it is a niice Hampton, just very small rooms, very noisey, and not in the right area. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Looking for fine dining or causual dining you must travel at least 5 miles. Rooms facing the interst...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank eastcoacpl
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all forms of feedback as this is the only way our business can thrive and we can continue to improve on our services offered to our guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than exceptional. I sincerely hope that you will accept my apologize for your inconveniences and rest assured that I will ensure to address the issues you encountered with our management team and ensure corrective action is taken on the items such as the attitude of the guest service agent you encountered.

If you would like to speak further about your experience, please don't hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me. Thank you once again for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing!