“Lovely New Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Mentor, Ohio
“Lovely New Hotel”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We selected this new Hampton Inn as our overnight stop point to Florida and overall, it turned out to be a good choice. The building is brand new, very stylish in its decor and the staff was friendly and helpful.

We had a standard king bed room which was a good size, it had a large flat screen TV and desk. The bathroom was large and had a very nice large shower. All the furnishings were new and the room was very clean.

Our only disappointment was that the air conditioner did not work and we didn't realize it until we returned from dinner. After having the front desk person come to our room, it was determined we would need to change rooms. We did and ended up in a disability equipped room, so we lost the large shower. The worst part was we were very tired, had to repack all of our things and move them down the hall to the new room. Not what we had planned especially after dinner and needing to get up very early the next day. All we wanted to do was relax and crash.

Aside from the air conditioner problem, our stay was good. We plan to stay here on our return trip, but will check the room before we unpack to make sure everything is in working order. Hopefully it will be a better experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Greetings! I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review! Our guest's feedback is one of our most important ways of determining how we are doing. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was a good one! However as a perfectionist I am always looking to make sure our guests had an exceptional stay and I know this could not have been acheived with the problem with your air conditioner. I would like to apologize for that inconvenience and ensure you that we have taken steps to prevent this from happening again in the future. The next time you come to the Columbia area please make sure to reach out to me if you decide to stay so I can ensure that your stay is as it should be, nothing less than exceptional.

thank you once again for posting a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I checked in for my stay Monday. I always request bottom floor, smoke free, and away from elevator. They have no bottom floor rooms which I understand, clerk noted that, but ignored my request to be away from elevator, I even have it listed on my profile with Hilton Honors. That profile means nothing at this location. Anyway I check in, go to my room, located directly behind the elevator. I have to carry my luggage back down to the front desk to change rooms. I asked if he even read my profile, I was given no answer to that. After getting settled into the room, I see hairs in the bathroom, not good. The rooms are very small to be a new hotel. They gave me a room facing the interstae and I felt like the window was up. Very noisey, hearing all the traffic go by. The rooms are not well insulated at all and your hear everything, next room, people talking in the hallway. Not Good.
Breakfast was ok. No Grits, cereal is out in some container, not germ proof. Every restaurant within a two mile radius is fast food, location is not in safe area of town, just not happy with this place. getting out of here between 5 and 7 PM is bad the traffice on the main road is very heavy and no traffic light. Sit there for 15 minutes trying to cross the highway. Overall it is a niice Hampton, just very small rooms, very noisey, and not in the right area. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Looking for fine dining or causual dining you must travel at least 5 miles. Rooms facing the interst...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank eastcoacpl
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all forms of feedback as this is the only way our business can thrive and we can continue to improve on our services offered to our guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than exceptional. I sincerely hope that you will accept my apologize for your inconveniences and rest assured that I will ensure to address the issues you encountered with our management team and ensure corrective action is taken on the items such as the attitude of the guest service agent you encountered.

If you would like to speak further about your experience, please don't hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me. Thank you once again for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing!
Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good motel, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are super nice and clean.
Breakfast is ok. Waffles are great but the hot dishes leave something to be desired.
Nice outside sitting area with gas fire pit. Close to lots of places to eat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim W
Greetings!

I wanted to take a moment to respond to your review and thank you for posting your feedback. It is one of our main tools in determining how we are doing and we enjoy reading what our guests have to say, even if it is not so great! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I noticed that you weren't too excited about the hot item selection and want you to know that we are conitnuing to look for better products to offer our guests for breakfast. With our rotating menu the items do change regularly, in addition the brand is constantly testing new breakfast items and making changes as they find items that our guests enjoy.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We come to Columbia regularly to visit family. We have stayed at many area hotels. This one was quite remarkably one of our best stays. Courteous, helpful, friendly staff. (Loved the hot coffee/tea and cookies in the lobby) We stayed in a double queen bed room. It was very clean, nicely decorated with plenty of room for a family of 4. The breakfast was great with something for everyone. The indoor pool was beautiful, clean and enjoyable for the kids (only 5 ft deep at deepest end). The location was perfect for our needs, right off the interstate, across from the VA hospital. Note here: Our room faced the parking lot. We had NO problem with any kind of noise. Lots of places to eat nearby. All in all an excellent stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelleysue
Florida
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was travelling south and decided to stay at the hampton inn and suites recently and what a gorgeous new hotel! Its like staying at a resort...the indoor pool is beautiful, the work out room rivals a gym and they even have a nice fire pit outside for when you want to just lounge around for the evening when its nice out! Staff, breakfast, rooms...etc all fantastic!

Best hotel in the area hands down!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mikemenumaxx
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This Hampton Inn was by far the best hotel we've visited in years. The suite was so spacious! Five of us slept comfortably with amazing bedding and pillows. Todd at check in was so very courteous and helpful. He went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was fresh and offered a large variety of choices. The employee that helped with the breakfast area was also kind and helpful. Will definitely recommend to friends. Many thanks to the amazing staff!

Room Tip: Suites are HUGE!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lizzya63
Tennessee
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Amazed at this hotel's lobby and patio, an up to date gym and indoor pool area.loved the room and its decor. The breakfast is amazing, we stayed in one of the suites. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay very comfortable, will return again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business