“Crazy Susan is CRAZY GOOD!!!”
Review of Takosushi

Takosushi
Ranked #40 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
“Crazy Susan is CRAZY GOOD!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I love the mix of Asian and Southwestern cuisine. You have a LOT to choose from to make your appetizer and dinner choices complete. It can get a little cramped from overcrowding but this should require you and a date to sit even closer so you won't drop your sushi or other food with your chopsticks. =) Bon Appetit!

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
“Sushi or Southwestern--both are delicious”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is one of my husband's favorite lunch spots and we have enjoyed dinner there 3 times. I love the grilled fish tacos on soft corn tortillas. Inventive options, unique décor and atmosphere.

“Definitely a Favorite!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been to TakoSushi several times and have had a great experience each time. The menu is giant! The servers have always been very friendly, knowledgable, and attentive. They are more than willing to make exceptions, substitutions, etc to accommodate me, being a vegetarian. They even offer great suggestions that may not be on the menu. I highly recommend the quesedilla and the lettuce wraps with tofu. You can't go wrong with the queso as an app. Another good choice, so I hear, is the Firecracker Shrimp.
This place is awesome! The location, atmosphere, and food are fantastic. The service is even better!

Columbia, SC
“East Meets West and it was the Best!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you're in Columbia, SC and you want tacos but your friends want sushi the this is the place for you! Although I only went for the sushi(which was the best I have had in a long time in Columbia) I noticed other people ordering the tacos, burritos and quesadillas and the looked fabulous. I ordered the Bento box that came with Miso soup (excellent!), cucumber salad (cuckes peeled with seeds removed and sliced., a crab stick shredded over top and a nice, slightly sweet dressing), a roll of my choice (Rainbow Roll with eel, salmon, and tuna on top), sushi and sashimi - the cef's choice). The fish and shrimp was very fresh and it just melted in your mouth. They have a nice selection of sushi, sashimi and rolls to choose from. We had Tempura Asparagus for an appetizer. My friends ordered the Firecracker Shrimp (delicious, huge portion) and several different rolls. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Presentation was great on all our orders. The place is not huge but it was really busy Even so, we had great service and the wait staff are very knowledgeable about the menu offerings. Parking is available in the back or on the street. Located on Assembly St, across from the State House.

Clayton, NC
“Awesome Sushi near Downtown Columbia”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The miso soup was excellent, not too salty.
The green salad was a pleasant change from the typical salad. It had mixed greens, corn, carrots, celery, as well as the usual cucumbers. The ginger dressing had great flavor.
I was honestly surprised with the sushi. It was fresh. It was well presented. and the service was quick, even with a large crowd; who by the way consisted of primarily USC students. That's South Carolina.
I really liked this place and plan on returning during my future trips to Columbia.

• Visited August 2013