“Photographers love land”

Sesquicentennial State Park
Ranked #20 of 109 things to do in Columbia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went here just to relax and ended getting some really beautiful pictures out the deal and there is some fun things to do there but don't forget ot pay your two dollars for parking or you will get ticketed

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I agree with the review with the difficulties in maneuvering in the campground. We fit (and we’re only 26’ with a toad), but it was very close. Got lost on one of the trails since there were no signs. Showers weren’t very clean, even for a state park. All that said, it’s still probably the best place to camp in the area.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The park looked to have nice features. We were there for family reunion picnic. The kids enjoyed the playground areas.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Park is not what you find on the website http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/sesqui/introduction.aspx . In fact, when I first drove up to the entrance, there is a flashing light that says you are approaching a fee booth. I stopped at the booth and waited and waited, no one was there to take our money. This might have been just a one time thing, I don't know.

I stopped near the boat house and all of the bathroom doors had large padlocks on them and the boats were chained and locked. The area looked deserted. But the walking trails were nice and debris free. I recommend staying on the paths where the arrow signs are clearly visible because it is easy to get turned around and lost.

Take plenty of water and good walking shoes. Comfortable clothes and bug spray.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I drive to this park about once a month for a different change of scenery for our walks. Paths are easy, not a lot of challenging areas, it's nice to have the lake to walk around and overall, the picnic areas are clean.