“Leisure walk/run/bike”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Leisure walk/run/bike”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The trail system is excellent - in fact just walked the West Columbia side today. Places to sit or picnic along the way in a natural setting that offers shade in the summer and a view.

Columbia, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exercise on Trips”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am training for a half marathon and I always need a place with a good amount of distance to run. There are always people on the paved trail and has some historic information. Dogs are welcome and most people are respectful about that. I parked next to the canal but if you want a short walk you can go downtown and park there. It is a little more scenic closer to downtown. I always love to stop here and get my exercise in when I can.

1 Thank Katie H
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Easily accessible and great views”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We spent three or four hours exploring the riverfront canal area going down to the dam. It was recommended to us by girl at the hotel we were staying at and I have to admit I didn't expect much from a city this size, but this open city park-type trail was perfect for running and biking. My husband and I were highly impressed by the cleanliness of the trails and the view at the dam.

Columbia, South Carolina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Love to walk by the canal on Saturday morning”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nothing to dislike about the Riverfront Park. It is easily accessible from parking. It is convenient in downtown Columbia. You can get there also by driving to the dam where the diversion canal starts. Sometimes I come in from one direction and sometimes from the other. My typical Saturday morning walk is 4-5 miles on the paved walkway that runs between the Saluda River and the Columba Canal.

Asheville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

What a great park to have in the middle of the city! Interesting history and nice walk along the water. Great places to sit. It was a nice finish to our visit in Columbia.

1 Thank Arida41