“Good for Picnics”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good for Picnics”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I love Saluda Shoals. If you are on vacation and need a place to run/bike/exercise then this is your place. Bikers are respectful of runners if you are on a path. I do some marathon training here. I also take my dog with me. There is a dog park but you need a code to prove membership. It is about $5 per car to get in. If you brought a kayak, there is a kayake launch too. The scenery is absolutely wonderful and there are both paved and unpaved trails. There is plenty of seating for picnics too. Whether you want a lawn to lay a blanket down, or a picnic table for a big family, Saluda Shoals has it all! Also if you have a youngin, they have a splash pad to run around on. I love visiting here!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Katie H

Columbia, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“VBM Annual Church Picnic”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had our church picnic here. It took me a while to find the place so I was late getting there. My first time going to that particular area and the direction to finding it was ...... Glad I wasn;t the only one lost. When I finally made there, it was a fun and comfortable. We had the area to ourselves.. Members had a good time mingling and bonding. They played softball, cards and had a watergun fight (which is a tradition). I missed the shouting contest (another tradition), so I don't know who won. I had watermelon for desert.

Visited August 2013
SC
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Decent Park”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

You need to pay per car upon entering. We had bought a annual pass in the past so that we could go bike riding along the trails. It is a nice park with lots of shade and trails. There is a small splash pad and playground (cost extra to use-pay at the main gate for a wristband). There are pavilions located nearby that you can rent for parties. We love visiting on Christmas Eve for their drive through holiday lights display. It has become a tradition!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank SCalison
Columbia, SC
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Shaded park and trails”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Enjoyed an afternoon playing on the park and then some time on the trails with the family. Always a pleasure to visit. Wasn't able to enjoy anything extra like the tube adventure, but would love visit again soon to try it out.

Visited March 2013
Cedartown, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“What a great way to spend a day”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

When I lived in Columbia this was my favorite place to go and jog. There are paved trails that run by rivers and the shade will help keep you cool even in the summer. Warning, between the shade and the water there are snakes that I would see maybe once ever month during the summertime. During Halloween they have a long walking haunted trail and during Christmas time the lights are a must see if you are anywhere around Columbia. It is about a 20 minute drive with amazing lights which they expand each year. Enjoy!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hmcwhorter

Been to Saluda Shoals Park? Share your experiences!