Motel 6 Columbia East
ComfortInn
$134
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

WARNING; this place was full of drug dealers and hookers. It was Masters week and all other hotels were sold out within @ 1 hour radius from Augusta and consequently we were only able to secure a room at this motel 6.
BEWARE; when we pulled into the front entrance there were a number of questionable type of individuals "hanging out". The first encounter was a man who offered me drugs. The second person asked if I needed a "girl friend" and pointed to a group of young women[mostly teenagers] wearing scanty clothing. Yet another person approached and gave me a room number for a party. The police officer standing in the front lobby did not deter these characters and their means of business.
NO SLEEP the halls were swarming with noisy patrons, fights and shouting. This was a nightmare of a place

Room Tip: any respectable person should avoid this place by all means
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank J M
Reviewed April 6, 2013

First impression was the party going on outside. A large group of intoxicated thugs running around the lobby screaming about the need for security cause someone just fired 2 shots. 13 hrs of driving, I just paid my $49, clutched the grip on my S&W .40 and proceeded to my room. How bad can it be. Just need sleep. Well, the non smoking room reeked of smoke, the bed was sunk in the middle (bad/old springs?), box spring looked as if some one had an abortion or threw up on two corners, stains on the carpet....I can go on. Regretting my earlier thoughts of just sleeping in a rest area in back seat right now. No vacancies at any hotel in the area. Ugh, please don't make my mistake and drive past exit 74 here in east Columbia.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Pbrcoastie
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The friendly staff was the only upside of this hotel. I had previously never stayed at a Motel 6 and certainly never will again. This property is dirty, dingy and and they nickel and dime everything. No facial tissues and the bedding was blood stained. No shampoo provided but you can vend a miniature bottle for $2.00. Wifi is available but you have to give $2.99 for the password. It is located in a distressed area of Columbia adjacent to an abandoned motel that reminded me of the news coverage from Syria.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nysp3431
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was very impressed with my experience at Motel 6 Columbia East from the front desk/ check in to the overall experience. The friendliness of the front desk personnel made me feel like I was home. the lobby and room was very clean. Thank you very much for a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place wasnt great but wasnt the worst...It was on a very dark unlit road past another motel which wasnt very welcoming and when we got there, there were tons of people loitering. I was only checking my mom in here so I felt worried leaving her at first & staying across town for the BTC. But, the hotel staff that night were so friendly and helpful and without question they moved her to the first floor when she said she didnt want to be on the 3rd floor. My mom enjoyed her stay and eventhough Motel 6 as a chain is barebones-the room was clean. The the main hallway smelled like a groudy gym locker but the room smelled ok. It was only $39 a night so it was worth it
My only complaint is that I was kept 5 minutes too long the morning I checked her out trying to get a refund for 1 night. The lady looked at my reciept then my ID and then agrued that my signature on the reciept wasnt the exact same as my ID and kept asking if I had signed it and kept saying I didnt when I told her I had. We were in a hurry to get to the ft jackson graduation, so I didnt appreciate that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo