“!Viva Cecilia's!”

Ranked #133 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
“!Viva Cecilia's!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you like Mexican food, you really must give this restaurant a try. We had excellent, friendly service. The food was delicious and bountiful, not to mention a great value. We mentioned to our server (maybe Cecilia?) that we were celebrating our anniversary and friend's retirement and even though we were too full to order dessert, she brought us a complimentary serving of the fried ice cream to share with our friends! I want to try Cecilia's for lunch. This restaurant is a much better place than the many other Mexican restaurants in the Columbia area that all have the same name and where all the dishes taste the same.

1 Thank Wanda R

Columbia, South Carolina
“Always good. always outstanding”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have eaten their often since it opened... it is consistently GREAT... fresh.. fast... great service.. flavors are just excellent and lots of variety... it is a Gem and just awesome Mexican food...

1 Thank Sassycat119
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely coming back!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I had never found a Mexican restaurant that I really liked, but after moving to Columbia I thought I would see what a bigger city had to offer. After doing some research I settled on Cecilia's and I'm glad I did!

I had a Burro Especial with chicken and my husband had a Chili Especial with beef. Both were delicious and I actually wanted to take home the leftovers. The chips and salsa before the meal were also good.

The service was a little slow, but we got out in time to see the movie we were going to so I can't complain.

1 Thank Lindsey S
Lexington, South Carolina
“Great Meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This seemed to be real Mexican food to me. It was so fresh and tasty. I had the chicken quasdila and it was total different than i was used to. It was great.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank McConnaughhay
Columbia, South Carolina
“A lovely lunch at a little gem of a place!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

What a pleasant surprise for my wife and I; and so close to our home NW of Columbia SC.

We just spontaneously popped by (our first time there - hadn't noticed it before), and enjoyed a delightful lunch at Cecilia's on 'Easter Eve'. This little gem of a place is casual and comfy -- not designed for elegance, but a truly sweet little spot to relax and treat your taste buds to some well-prepared Mexican fare. It is conveniently located yet away from the fast lane. We're glad we found it!

Our first impression was that it was all tidy and spotlessly clean. The welcome we received was warm and friendly. The seating and service were immediate and personable.

The lunch menu we selected from had several choices, and the combination platters we observed being served to other diners as well as our own looked and smelled terrific.

Our highest marks are for the quality of the food. It was surprisingly good! Actually - excellent! And the portions were generous. And the value for money was ... truly outstanding.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Doug W

Been to Cecilia's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!