“Great Meal”

Cecilia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This seemed to be real Mexican food to me. It was so fresh and tasty. I had the chicken quasdila and it was total different than i was used to. It was great.

1  Thank McConnaughhay
There are newer reviews for Cecilia's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 19, 2014

What a pleasant surprise for my wife and I; and so close to our home NW of Columbia SC.

We just spontaneously popped by (our first time there - hadn't noticed it before), and enjoyed a delightful lunch at Cecilia's on 'Easter Eve'. This little gem of a place is casual and comfy -- not designed for elegance, but a truly sweet little spot to relax and treat your taste buds to some well-prepared Mexican fare. It is conveniently located yet away from the fast lane. We're glad we found it!

Our first impression was that it was all tidy and spotlessly clean. The welcome we received was warm and friendly. The seating and service were immediate and personable.

The lunch menu we selected from had several choices, and the combination platters we observed being served to other diners as well as our own looked and smelled terrific.

Our highest marks are for the quality of the food. It was surprisingly good! Actually - excellent! And the portions were generous. And the value for money was ... truly outstanding.

2  Thank Doug W
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I LOVED the authentic flare! I ordered the seafood chimichanga and it was delish!!!! Its the real deal, what a chimi is supposed to be.....I LOVED IT! Its a must try.

2  Thank bzlebug
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Used to be good. Not anymore. They have problems in the kitchen, the orders come out wrong, no one tries to correct the problems. There are other places and we will start going there.

1  Thank SCNancylee
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Other than the service being a little slow (kitchen, not wait staff) the food was great, I am a mexican food snob having grown up in the southwest, and they nailed it! My wife had the seafood burrito and from the 1 bite I was able to swipe from her it was heavenly. I had the #11 which had a taco, burrito, enchilada, tamale and a chilli relleno (which was absolutly the best relleno I have had in my 15+ years in the south.) Overall it was good enough that I told my wife we may have to drive the 90 minutes back down to Columbia in the near future, just for an encore.

2  Thank Tiny6ft10