“Love the Chips and curry sauce”

The British Bulldog Pub
Ranked #92 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Love the Chips and curry sauce”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It was a Friday night that we ate here. We had to wait 25 minutes for a table which did not bother us as they have a full bar with a large variety of draft and craft beers to order while waiting. We ordered the chips with mustard sauce as an appetizer. These are thin sliced potatoes that you can dip into a curry mustard sauce. I was a little hesitant about ordering this, but I am glad I did. It was a great alternative to so many appetizers. Very flavorful. I ordered the hamburger but changed my side to onion rings. The wife ordered the corned beef and cabbage. Her order filled the plate and was almost more than she could eat. My burger was delicious. There was the added benefit of a live band. The band was different as it was more Cajun-hillbilly rock. We had a good time and enjoyed some wonderful food. We hope to return soon.

• Visited March 2014

Chapin, South Carolina
“Best french onion soup in town”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The atmosphere is great. Mark and Rob do an excellent job running this restaurant. The food is fresh and its a great place to have a beer or two, or three! The prices are fair and its very close to home. The English flair adds a lot considering my British heritage.,

Visited February 2014
Anderson, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cottage Pie!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere! Cottage Pie is incredible!! Shrimp n grits is also a must have. Huge selection of beer on tap with great happy hour specials!

• Visited March 2014
Chapin, South Carolina
“Good with a couple of disappointments”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We’ve eaten at the Bulldog Pub several times since it opened but only recently did we have the opportunity to have brunch there. We both ordered the Traditional English Breakfast. It was a good choice except for a couple of things. The bacon was not English Back Bacon but Canadian Bacon which while tasty was not English as stated in the menu. I was looking forward to having the fried bread but this was a disappointment. Traditionally fried bread is fried in bacon drippings giving it a lovely flavor. The fried bread we were served had an odd, somewhat unpleasant taste. It would have been nice to have had Black Pudding included in the breakfast but the sausage (banger) was tasty and our eggs done the way we like them. The baked beans were ok but the grilled tomatoes were too thinly sliced.
Service was friendly and we didn’t have to wait too long for our food.
My review would actually be 3.5 stars.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank deescouse
South Carolina
“Great pub food”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As a British expat who came to Columbia in 1978 I was delighted when the British Bulldog opened a few years ago. As well as a good selection of beers, they serve consistently excellent meals, with cottage pie being my favorite, followed closely by the pasties. Service is always friendly and attentive. They also serve the best pot of hot tea I have had in the US, outside my home!

Visited January 2014