Just stayed here a few nights ago. I'm a Tour Operator - so looking for the best place for my clients. This is fine hotel - beautiful property...even offers a dinner reception of chips and free beer/wine. Staff friendly, welcoming, & helpful.
Room lovely - oh, except the pillows. Put your head down and they almost roll around to cover your face they are so soft. Virtually non- supportive in any way. A waste really . My suggestion to the front desk as I left was just one thing: Add medium or even firm pillows to offset the soft ones offered. Not everyone likes a very soft pillow - and virtually no one needs to experience a sore neck in the morning from poor support all night. We're supposed to relaxing and enjoying our time away! It's kind of tough when we can't sleep because we have no useable pillow. Even if you just added a few types it's be great! Anyway - for those guest coming here, it's great really, just bring, if your own pillow. You'll have a good nights sleep.
Finally, the breakfast -although it's a complete one - probably could be presented a bit better - visually. And the staff there the morning I happened in wasn't very warm to start the morning. She was ok, but all hotels need people persons in that job - seriously. Breakfast is probably the last thing a client experiences as we leave the hotel- and it's a lasting impression. Nice is good; uninterested is bad. (cinnamon rolls had run out and I asked if they were any more...and I kind of got a blank look and a quick "no". This was 9 am. and the breakfast went on to 9:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m. at least. It wasn't time to close up!)
Hotel Mgt: Upgrade the experience to be on par with the rest of the hotel amenities....and remember what you would want if you were visiting
** All in all not a bad place - really- lovely most of it - hotel just needs to be aware of client needs in some important areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Historic District of Downtown Columbia, SC and just minutes away from USC, Finley Park, and Columbia Metropolitan Civic Center. We offer free hot breakfast, free wired and wireless high speed internet, manager reception Mon - Thurs, free local calls, and 32 inch HDTV's in every room! Whether here on business or leisure, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia has what you are looking for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Columbia Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown Hotel Columbia
- Comfort Suites Columbia
- Columbia Comfort Suites