“Good for an Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
Ranked #54 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Cincinnati
“Good for an Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here prior to going to see The Masters. Arrived late around 10PM, and the gentleman working the front desk was kind and helpful to getting us tired travelers into our rooms quickly. Room was nice and clean as you would expect. A continental breakfast was offered the next day, but we needed to leave before it was open. Lots of fast food restaurants nearby.

Nothing wrong with staying here, but nothing out of this world either. If you need a quick overnight, this hotel will do just fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We arrived around 2:20 p.m. and were told that there we absolutely no check-ins before 3 p.m. So my 82 year old mother, my son and our mini-dachshund hung around the lobby for about 30 minutes until another desk clerk "arrived with the room list" and we could be checked in (I thought everything was computerized these days?!) We went out to sit by the pool which surprisingly was drained and covered (which I have never seen a southern motel do) and later we noticed they had locked the gate to the pool area so we could not even enjoy a deck chair in the sun . . not that we would have gone swimming it was a bit cool in April, but it would have been nice to sit outside. Attendant said pool would open "next week". The room was very clean as was the lobby, hallway & grounds. Beds were comfortable, didn't notice any excess noise at all. Breakfast the next morning was OK, standard continental with hard boiled eggs, gravy - pancake maker was broken - items began running low around 8 a.m. and were not replenished - it was supposed to last until 9:30 - so late breakfast eaters beware! Thought this was also odd as the hotel was fully booked - they should know to replenish the food. Would probably not stay in this location again unless I had a pet with me or others were fully booked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Front desk at both check-in and check-out were very nice. The bed was comfortable, windows open. The place is a bit worn w/ too many poor housekeeping/maintenance issues: nightstand drawer full of sticky substance, shower head would not adjust/weak water stream, refrigerator had been set to Max & froze all my fruits/veggies/milk, alarm clock (that I did not touch) was pre-set and went off at midnight waking me from a deep sleep(!), unable to connect to weak wi-fi, no luggage rack, closet hangers too low, bottom of tub is several inches higher than floor which could be a hazard when stepping out, breakfast ok but not exceptional. The place is surrounded by many other hotel chains, no reason to stay here. Oh, my room had a jacuzzi not far from bed with a large mirror next to it. I didn't use it, but it reminded me of the country song of this title...and might have been the source of all that sticky stuff in the drawer.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Even tho this hotel is fairly new, it was not a good deal for the price we paid. The rooms appeared nice but small things ruined it. i.e. the remote didn't work, the toilet paper holders were both broken and any nose from the hall filtered in. The elevator is at one end of the building and if you are handicapped or mobility issues are a concern, better request rooms near the elevator. The water pipes rattled the ceiling in the room when someone was taking a shower.

Now, on to staff and "breakfast." Cleaning staff was friendly and greeted us in passing. Desk staff upon check-in was somewhat scattered and had some issues. The computer system went down at check-in and I also overheard at 7 am it was down again so no receipts were available.

Breakfast was the typical continental style these days, HOWEVER, they ran out of coffee cups....twice...the gravy was nearly empty and what remained was cold. (This was at 7:30 am, not like it was the end of breakfast hours.) The juice machine was showing three of the four options as empty, but they weren't.

This hotel is frequented by families of graduating soldiers and the rate is a high one because of that. I would think they would be more customer oriented and make the premium $ worth it. I would not stay here again..

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stay was 13-14 March 2013. Had a 2 bedroom and a suite with 2 beds. It was the first time I had to stay in a pet friendly hotel but my sister has a dog. It turned out to be okay. I kind of thought I would cross some smells but I did not experience any of that. They do their best to keep the place up. One room was on the 2nd floor and I was on the third floor and it was a quiet sleep. But can’t say too much about the housekeeping cleaning of the rooms. I had to clean the toilet seat and back of toilet cover that had stains on it and they were not urine stains. And around the room edges by my bed I guess they vacuumed the carpet and end up pushing the stuff that did not get picked up toward the wall. The room rug looked clean and not worn; the hallway rug could use some cleaning though. The staff was all friendly, helpful and nice. As for breakfast, although the little old lady was pleasant, if breakfast is supposed to start at 0600, then it should not be coming out at that time. Most of us were there to go to the basic training graduation on Fort Jackson but us early folks could only get hot drinks or foods that required hot water or the toaster. The pancake machine was just turned on during our brief snack breakfast. Most stuff was still cold and the apples looked bad with dark brown spots. The biscuits, bread and some other things tasted like they been around too long for us. We did pick up something on the way. The hotel is situated in a safe location to me. East Exchange Boulevard has all the newer hotels located on it. It is located next to a major highway. There are places nearby to get something to eat. If you would ask me to stay again, if I don’t have a dog tagging along, I probably would not. I choose places for specific things and if you offer breakfast, then I expect it to be ready and fresh. If it had been fresh then I probably would not have complained about it being a little late, but I was disappointed and so was my family.

Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed over night whille we visited Congaree National Park outside of Columbia. Rooms were very clean and well kept. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. I had looked the hotel up on line before we got there. The price of a stay was listed at $65.00. When we got there the nights stay was suppose to be $83.00. When I told him aboaut the on-line price, they reduced it to $69.00 which was fair and made me happy. The only downside was the beds were very hard.