“Best Western Fort Jackson”

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
Ranked #54 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
florida
“Best Western Fort Jackson”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip, we stayed here for one night. We found it to be convenient to I-77 and I-26. The hotel was very clean and we were greeted by a very welcoming front desk person. We will stop there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on October 17, 2012. I had a dog and this was the only BW in the area. When I walked my dog at 8 PM, everything seemed normal. I walked him again at 6:45 to see there were no exterior lights on and I needed a flashlight. While walking through the packed parking lot, I spotted a car with the trunk opened. I reported this to the front desk. I returned to my room and brought down my belongings to put in the car before breakfast. Imagine my surprise when I found my car window was broken and items removed. No one seemed very concerned and phoned the police who arrived immediately. I was told this occurs every time there is graduation from the Fort! There are four-5 motels on the block, why isn't extra security hired? There was another break in somewhere in the area and a third person having a window repaired while I waited. I want to confirm, I had to pay for my wonderful stay at the hotel. Totaling that bill, new window and items taken, it was the most expensive place I've every stayed!!! Two weeks later, I'm still attempting to replace things. All I can say is the robber bled as I found blood on my clothing! I will think again before staying in a BW.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank kathy c
South Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was hoping for more from BW. It wasn't bad... just not great.
Room was spacious and clean. Bed was average.
I was given a handicap room - I guess since I was paying a low-rate price...
so it's hard to judge the bath. Continental breakfast was below average.
For a clean bed and a hot shower at the right price, this BW fit the bill.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Rock hard bed, but clean! Bland breakfast, but very nice woman in charge of the breakfast room! Terrible night crew on front desk, but great one in the morning! The AC was either on or off -- we froze, then broiled. This hotel was full of contrasts. Night crew of 3 had on very casual clothes and spent time smoking outdoors rather than manning the desk. Could not answer our questions. Curtain-pull fell off in the room. It just was not a particularly satisfying visit after driving over 500 miles. Will pay a bit more and stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice clean room. Internet is fast. Hard to find hotel location but worth to spend time to find it. Great friendly staff. Writing this review from hotel room. Stayed at this hotel for our group meeting. Clean bed sheets and comfortable bed too.

Room Tip: Like to stay on second floor. Quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Hotel is the worst hotel i ever stayed at in my entire life several complaints, my 2006 diesel ford f150 truck was stolen from this hotel,with all my personal items,hotel has no survallance cameras in parking lot, camera only survillance the front door and inside of the pool area, this hotel take no liability for your personal vechile in their parking lot,one way in and one way out, located in a slum area,drugs,low income housing,thieves, on thurday (9-20-12 a car was stolen from the parking lot, and on 9-22-12 my truck was stolen out of parking lot in wee hrs of morning betwen 3:30am and 7:30am.Elevator shakes floor when going up and down noisy, floors in hotel rooms very uneven, with lumps, bed mattress too soft, do dvd players in rooms, i lost what i work hard for at this 3star hotel,I was there for a Shriners Ball that was being held at the Madallion Center, I was unable to attend because of this incident, I THEN RETURN HOME. 3HRS AWAY, SOME ONE ELSE HAD TO TAKE ME HOME TRUEY HEART BROKEN, ABOUT THIS. ASK QUENTIONS BEFORE YOU STAY AT THAT HOTEL,ABOUT YOUR VECHILE BEING IN PARKING LOT. HOTEL NEEDS A SECURITY GUARD OF POLICE STATION AT PARKING LOT. BAD AREA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bernard W
Louisiana
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Our family reserved 4 rooms for Army graduation for my nephew. The workers helped us in every way. They were so nice and made our stay great. We came back after graduation and had a 18th birthday party for my nephew who had his birthday while in bootcamp. We had the whole pool area and ordered pizza delivered to pool so he could relax. TGIF was down the road and we also ate at Longhorn Steak house in downtown Columbia for a awesome dinner. Would recommend this hotel for your stay. Gate to base is exit 15 and hotel is exit 9!

• Stayed September 2012