TripAdvisor
Columbia
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great food and fun atmosphere”
Review of Thirsty Fellow

Thirsty Fellow
Order Online
Ranked #10 of 1,137 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Located by the University of South Carolina, we are a full service restaurant and bar open 7 days/week. Casual atmosphere, dining room and covered deck, close to USC athletic activities and concerts at the Colonial Life Arena and Koger Center.
Reviewed October 8, 2019

Have eater here twice while visiting my son at USC. Solid beer selection, great food. Delicious burger (with egg on it). Can be crowded, but a great choice to hang out and eat.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (241)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Bustling place, many TVs with sports on. Best Philly Cheese Steak in town. Spinach salad is great. Parking available and a paid lot nearby, close to Colonial Life Arena and Founders Park

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

I came here with my family years ago and we enjoyed hot, fresh food and big portions. I came here with my ex-best friend and received the same. I'm happy to say that I finally came here with my husband and got the same...except his lemon pepper wings were fried hard and extremely dry, like pulling apart cardboard. Luckily, that was the only downfall of the visit. The stuffed banana peppers are my favorite menu item and they certainly didn't disappoint. Overall, get ready for a sports bar atmosphere with wines and beer, a mixed crowd of families and friends, and hostesses in booty shorts. Geez.

Date of visit: August 2019
Terry D, Owner at Thirsty Fellow, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Thank you for your review and I'm glad our quality has held up. We'll celebrate our 10th anniversary in December, and try to maintain our quality, portions and service. I'll check into the lemon-pepper wings.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

Best wings in Columbia! Love the gorgonzola chips! Service is wonderful-always. A top pick for Columbia restaurants!!

Date of visit: July 2019
Terry D, Owner at Thirsty Fellow, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Thank you for your great review!!

Reviewed July 12, 2019

Daughter had burger. Really good. Spilt a few of the appetizers. All were very good. Beer was cold and service was excellent. Great little bar.

Date of visit: July 2019