“** Poor Waitress Service **”

Carolina's Restaurant
Ranked #691 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Columbia, SC
“** Poor Waitress Service **”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My colleagues and I decided on Carolina's Restaurant for a birthday lunch celebration. Waitress "Ms. Ann" provided poor service at noon on Thursday, December 5, 2013. We are pretty sure we heard her grunt and grumble when more tea was requested for our empty glasses. Also, did the buffet price have an increase lately? I wish there could be a discounted price for just soup and salad only ... these two never disappoint at taste and selection. Beware ... a party of 6 or more will guarantee an 18% gratuity add to your final bill whether the waitress service was up to standards or not. In our case, NOT!! At the time of bill pay, there were guests paying ahead of us and requested the 18% gratuity be removed due to poor service. I started to do the same, but thought " ... tis the season to giving" to Ms. Ann. I think she knew her tip was guaranteed.

• Visited December 2013

Miami, Florida
“DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My daughter and I just had Sunday Brunch here. It's very expensive and not worth the money.
It cost $42.00 plus tip for the two of us and that does not include the tip.
It wouldn't be so bad if the food and or service was worth it..
Food and service were mediocre at best!!
Dinning are has very limited space for the amount of tables it has.
It feels like you HAVE to become friends with your neighbors, or be real uncomfortable otherwise.
Since you are actually rubbing elbows with them!.
The Manager was most unprofessional. He spoke very loudly. Look like he should be managing a Mac Donald's. Judging the food and service he was not very effective either.
I did notice that they have regulars that probably have been coming in for the last century who are obviously are well off. They do seem to get preferential treatment. Their taste buds were probably impaired a long time ago..
We will not be back to this restaurant ever again!
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Visited August 2012
College Station, Texas
“Need food late at night. This is your place.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were starving and the Sheraton recommended Carolina's. It was terrific. The chicken Greek pizza was fresh, delicious and hit the spot! A treasure for these tired travelers!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food here”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

It's an in-hotel restaurant at the Clarion Hotel Downtown. I was a guest and ate there for dinner Saturday night. I was the only patron in the restaurant which was a bit weird. I ordered a burger and fries and it was pretty good. They don't give you a lot of fries, but my server (Mandy) was nice enough to being me an extra plate of fries and not charge me for them.

Not a bad place to eat, and if I was in the area again, I'd eat there. Some of the other dinner menu items were a bit on the expensive side, though.

• Visited April 2012
Columbia, SC
“good Sunday brunch buffet”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Went here with my family for the Sunday brunch buffet. There was a good variety of food: fresh fruit & cheeses, pastries & breads, waffle & omlet station, salads, several types of meat & seafood, vegetables, and desserts. The food was good as was the service. They also had someone playing the piano which was very enjoyable during the meal.

• Visited September 2011